Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne_battle

For those of you with sensitive skin...

for those of you with sensitive skin do you moisturize?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. ^See above

• Yes I always moisturize
    • No I never moisturize
    • Sometimes I moisturize

Im lost as to what to do. I havent been moisturizing because Im scared I will break out. I used complex15 twice and I broke out. I dont know if it was from the peanut m&ms I ate or if it was from the complex15 or something else. Please share your thoughts!

Don't moisturize, is my opinion. Don't even wear liquid sunscreen -wear mineral sunscreen instead. Any of those parabens, those chemicals, they are actually preventing your skin from healing itself.

In my opinion, even the products that are marketed as being great for acne just aren't. Your skin doesn't need them, and it will probably exacerbate your acne. If you stop putting unnecessary product on your face, especially if it's sensitive right now, you'll find that the effects are enormous.

Is your skin super-super dry? Like, flaky? If you're using benzoyl peroxide, stop it and search for more natural alternatives to killing p. acnes - like tea tree oil or honey. If you're using a harsh cleanser, abandon it for a more gentle one that won't screw up your skin's PH balance.

And in terms of moisturizing your skin, if you still feel you really need it - a drop or two of olive oil or jojoba oil is amazing.

....my 2 cents

yep, in warmer months there is no need for moisturizer even if you have dry skin

a few minutes outside in sunny humid weather and you will have all the moisture you need in the form of sweat, which also unfortunately dries up and causes a blanket of inflammation on your face

Don't moisturize, is my opinion. Don't even wear liquid sunscreen -wear mineral sunscreen instead. Any of those parabens, those chemicals, they are actually preventing your skin from healing itself.

In my opinion, even the products that are marketed as being great for acne just aren't. Your skin doesn't need them, and it will probably exacerbate your acne. If you stop putting unnecessary product on your face, especially if it's sensitive right now, you'll find that the effects are enormous.

Is your skin super-super dry? Like, flaky? If you're using benzoyl peroxide, stop it and search for more natural alternatives to killing p. acnes - like tea tree oil or honey. If you're using a harsh cleanser, abandon it for a more gentle one that won't screw up your skin's PH balance.

And in terms of moisturizing your skin, if you still feel you really need it - a drop or two of olive oil or jojoba oil is amazing.

....my 2 cents

Hello? Are you guys dead?! Ive barely posted here tonight. I made a couple of topics because this site has been so boring tonight. Maybe its because tomorrow is monday, a school night :shrug:

I worry about breaking out so I don't use moisturiser unless I really need it or otherwise I just moisturise the areas that get dry.

My skin is combination and sensitive too and I find the less products I use on my skin, the better.

if you wash your face twice a day, you must moisturize.

But the thing is...you dont need to wash your face twice a day.

Be careful about jojoba oil, too! I used it back when I was on a search for a natural moisturizer, and only a few days of putting it on at night and my face was the worst it's ever been. ANY oils, no matter how gentle, are bad for acne-prone skin.

If you wash your face GENTLY with A GENTLE ACNE CLEANSER twice a day, maybe one that contains salicylic acid, and you can use use pure honey every night to help kill the bacteria.

The whole b.p. + sunscreen/moisturizer + liquid foundation just seems like a recipe for disaster. I used to do that for my skin and it just made it so much worse.

Be careful about jojoba oil, too! I used it back when I was on a search for a natural moisturizer, and only a few days of putting it on at night and my face was the worst it's ever been. ANY oils, no matter how gentle, are bad for acne-prone skin.

If you wash your face GENTLY with A GENTLE ACNE CLEANSER twice a day, maybe one that contains salicylic acid, and you can use use pure honey every night to help kill the bacteria.

The whole b.p. + sunscreen/moisturizer + liquid foundation just seems like a recipe for disaster. I used to do that for my skin and it just made it so much worse.

I use Eucerin original moisturizing lotion and it has helped so much with my face. It doesn't make me break out or cause any problems. Its a little slick feelilng so all I do is blot with a tissue or a clean towel. Elf

I figure, I'm dehydrated a lot anyway, so I might as well moisturize even though these days it seems like I don't need to even after I've put on the BP. I don't want to bring back the flakiness or the zits by changing routine too much.

I've found that jojoba oil is hard to deal with - the stuff I have, at least, is in a little glass bottle and there's no easy, spelled-out way of applying it. What I've found to be useful is to put a finger over the top, upend it, and flip it back, doing this for three fingers, and then gently daubing it on the apples of both cheeks. After that, it's an act of faith that I've got enough on there, because once you start gently rubbing it around it is impossible to tell what's on your fingers and what isn't (which is to say that it is hard to know if you've got enough or not, given its temperature and relative lightweightedness). I dunno, I'm always afraid of how much I am putting on, whether it's enough or too much. It's a tricky, tricky thing.

It'll take a bit for the BP to really kick in, so I would guess that the best thing to do would be to stick to it, and keep moisturizing because the BP is going to dry you out. I guess my only other advice would be to keep your routine simple - the more stuff you put on your face, the more things that can go wrong. At least, that's my non-expert opinion.

you might want to try neutrogena's oil-free moisture for combination skin. i apply it right after i wash & dry my face, wait 5-15 mins to let it absorb and then apply the topical (in my case it's duac every other day).

in addition, you may want to try cetaphil gentle skin cleanser and stopping the cold compresses unless you've been directed otherwise.