Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AlienRage

salicyclic: day or night?

i've been using the acne.org regimen for a while with little result. my skin is clearer, but i'm still getting acne and such. so, i decided that maybe replacing one of the BP treatments with salicylic acid (in form of acne pads) would help. i was just wondering, should i use BP in the morning and salicylic acid at night or vice versa?

Don't do it. Try going with the full BP dosage for a month. The first two weeks I still was looking crappy, with some improvement. It's been another week and I look a lot better now. No new acne in the past week. It's great. I tried the salicylic acid after week one and it made me break out... too much at once. I'd be clear now perhaps if not for that. Just go with the BP!

i think it can be damaging to use both sa and bp together it can really overdry your skin, i wouldnt consider it. if the regime has worked so far and cleared you some i would defo stick with it. Dan says its an ongoing thing and even when you r clear u should use bp (only) to stay that way ( methinks the regime is more of a management thing than a cure!)

I changed my mind. Use an alcohol free salicylic pad at night only after you cleanse, then wait 15 minutes and use the BP as normal and moisturize after that. I've gotten much clearer this way. Maybe Dan's skin doesn't need it, he's been on Accutane several times, but with all that BP on my skin all the time my skin gets oily and breaks out. The SA helps break things down a bit and lets the BP work better and deeper.