Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RatherBeSquatting

Balancing hormones question?

Lets just say that hypothectically whatever was causing my hormones to spike all of the sudden stopped. The cause could be anything sex, diet, stress, environment ect. If it stopped today then how long would it take for my hormones to balance out again? A week? A month?

I don't know. Mine are out of whack. I've been trying for 3 months to get them back on track but I'm using birth control. Not much success yet.

My hormones were out of whack too, after getting off the pill. I had a REALLY BAD breakout and continued to breakout badly for months. Now, eight months later, I think my hormones are back in balance because I stopped breaking out so much. Now I'm back to having very mild acne again. I didnt want to go back on the pill and I never will. I wanted my hormones to balance on their own and I'm so glad I did that.

My skin reacted hormonally gradually after about 4 months after stopping Birth Control (it was deceptively clear for the first 4 months) by 8 months it was terrible and at 10 months I fell pregnant. I am now 4.5 months pregnant and my skin is pretty bad. It looks like is is clearing at the moment, but that has happened in previous months and then it get worse again! SIGH!!!! I hoped the pregnancy may as a side effect rebalance me and clear it. I am now scared that my hormones will NEVER rebalance and I will suffer like this forever! However I have no intention of going back on BC pills, I would rather stay natural than mess with my hormones again! its all very confusing!

My hormones were out of whack too, after getting off the pill. I had a REALLY BAD breakout and continued to breakout badly for months. Now, eight months later, I think my hormones are back in balance because I stopped breaking out so much. Now I'm back to having very mild acne again. I didnt want to go back on the pill and I never will. I wanted my hormones to balance on their own and I'm so glad I did that.

This is exactly what i would like to do, im terrified of coming off the pill and having a bad breakout though, can you tell me what you use on your skin?

Thank you

Try the clare ledore products - she has awesome cleanser toner and her clay mask is fabulous for acne prone skin. I have used her products for quite some time now and my skin is really good. I also take Vit B5 powder which has helped immensely.

This is exactly what i would like to do, im terrified of coming off the pill and having a bad breakout though, can you tell me what you use on your skin?

Thank you

Yeah you most likely will have a bad breakout but just let it pass and deal with your skin topically. Your acne will get better and better with time, and you might stop breaking out completely. Are you planning on going back on the pill some time in the future? Because if thats the case, I wouldn't recommend this until you're ready to quit BC Pills forever.

You can check out what products I use if you go to my log. The link is in my signature. I'm clear now. Let me know if you have any questions.