Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brian_EIRE

minocycline advice needed

Hi my derm put me on minocycline today he told me to take 1 50 mg tablet in the morning and 1 at night so thats 100 mg a day.should i take the pills together or apart like he said?also is it ok to be taking fish omega oil tablets while on them and also drinking organic apple cidor vineger?Ill be going on accutane if these dont work.I would appreciate anybody answering my questions thanks very much for reading this!

Hey there -

I was on Minocyline last year 1 tablet at 100mg. My Derm. told me to take it anytime. I noticed it made me a little dizzy - so I usually took an hour or two before bed.

Yvette

I would space them out evenly, about 12 hours apart (i.e. morning and bedtime) like he said. This is because if you do that, the amount of the drugs in your system will stay more level than if you take it just once a day, or at a certain time of day. This should help it to work better.

Minocycline has long half-life, ranged from 11 to 22 hours, which allows once- or twice-daily administration. The regimen of two times per day will allow to maintain more stable drug level in the system.