Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
starlightxps

Looking for natural exfoliation

hi

i am a new here, i am looking for natural ways to exfoliate.

i have tried a lot of soapy foamy scrubs and am not very happy with the result.

they make my skin too dry and sensitive.

can anyone suggest anything natural, gentle and not too expensive?

i am been looking online, but have not found anything yet.

thank you :wub:

Since yesterday I've used epsom salt and calcium citrate powder dissolved partially in water as a scrub. It's super cheap, and so far so good :) I read that calcium in the upper layers of the skin triggers cell turnover so that's why I'm using calcium, and on another thread on this site someone was saying that epsom salt helped them with their skin, so I mixed them together.

It's kind of too soon to say if it's doing much other than exfoliate in a mechanical sense rather than inducing cell turnover though yet, it's only been one day. But I'll keep you updated. But it is super cheap, so even if it's just a scrub, it's still fine.

hi

i am a new here, i am looking for natural ways to exfoliate.

i have tried a lot of soapy foamy scrubs and am not very happy with the result.

they make my skin too dry and sensitive.

can anyone suggest anything natural, gentle and not too expensive?

i am been looking online, but have not found anything yet.

thank you :wub:

Cheap, effective exfoliation:

Baby hair brush. Please see signature for the link. Try it out, you'll likely be as converted as I am.

i use eucalyptus honey and sugar mixed together.....it smells sweet leaves you soft and totally smooth and it tastes pretty nice too!

it's the sugar crystals that are really doing the tough exfoliating job here...the honey helps but it is more to make it into a paste so that it is easy to apply (imagine just trying to rub sugar on yourself - a tricky mess!) and also it means it isn't so harsh on the skin and also it leaves it nice and softly moisturised afterwards! so yeah any honey really will get the job done! :D

eucalyptus smells and tastes so amazingly sweet though (like toffee) it's the only one i can eat! it's the spanish variety. and your body really does feel and smell gorgeous after using it to exfoliate. it's not over expensive either. i love it!!

Baking soda is very gentle. But it's alkaline so you need to follow it with a toner that restores PH balance, like diluted Apple Cider Vinegar.

Baking soda is the finest, purest, gentle yet most perfect facial scrub out there.

Mix it with a little water and rub gently.

If you feel like you want a little moisture, mix the baking soda with a little olive oil and exfoliate.

sorry to be miss kill-joy here but baking soda was not kind to my skin! And it is def alkaline so if you're gonna use it def follow alternavistas advice and use the acv afterwards.

thanks for all your suggestions!

the baby brush way looks really good because its natural, trying it out.

the honey and sugar is a bit messy..........

already tried epsom salt, made my skin too dry.

i use to love being in the sun, but after hearing that it can give you wrinkles and sun damage, its not for me.................

i really appreciate this guys! will update on progress! :wub:

Here's a great, natural exfoliating mask. Grind up some sesame seeds in a coffee grinder. Mash up some avocado. Mix them together. Rub this mixture onto your face in a circular motion. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes with cucumbers over your eyes. Remove with a wet cloth. Your skin will glow like a baby's skin!!