Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
-lxl-

IB from fish oil?!

ive been taking 3 fish oil pills each day for 2 weeks now... (1200 mg, 2 pils have 700mg of O-3)

since then, i noticed i got a small bump and stuff for past 2 weeks, so i always had to ice it to keep it from full blowing...

i did not notice any change to my skin... its still oily and i dont think it helped that much

but my main question is : is it expected to have some initial breaout when starting fish oil? anyone else had that kind of experience?

2 weeks? give it a month at least

and take more

more? i got one from gnc and it says 2-3 pills a day..

it takes 3 monthes for the body to get all its fatty acids in balance. Also you need to take more than the stated dose to get the full benefits.

^

exactly

by the way those companies that label "take 2-3 pills per day" are also the ones who label cooking oils as "source of omega 6 polyunsaturates !" like it's actually a healthy thing

every person on the planet unless they have some weird allergy should be consuming fatty fish several times a week

it takes 3 monthes for the body to get all its fatty acids in balance. Also you need to take more than the stated dose to get the full benefits.

ok how much more? any side effects from taking too much pills?

why would there be side effects from trying to compensate the insane pro-inflammatory omega 6 rich diet with something anti-inflammatory of the same amount ?

how much more ? start at 5+ grams per day, by 5+ i mean the actual total EPA + DHA content, not the total content per pill (which can be as high as 1000 mg)

ok how much more? any side effects from taking too much pills?

be careful with the gnc omega3 fish oil. I took four pills several days and each day I had major diarrhea episodes :redface:

why would there be side effects from trying to compensate the insane pro-inflammatory omega 6 rich diet with something anti-inflammatory of the same amount ?

how much more ? start at 5+ grams per day, by 5+ i mean the actual total EPA + DHA content, not the total content per pill (which can be as high as 1000 mg)

sounds good, so how many pills do you take cyph?

I just told you if you are take more than it says on the bottle of GNC bottles it MIGHT make you sick with diarrhea; you read past my post j-boy :(

im not planning to overdose... im taking 1.7g max

but thats enough to balance out my O-6:O-3 ratio to about 4:1 or somthin... since i hav enough diet that has omega-3 in it

Theres no such thing as an overdose...its just fats, and theyre very good for you. It might take a long time to see results on only a couple grams like that.

okay guys, i have the gnc cholesterol free fish body oils 1000 and the epa is 180mg and the dha is 120mg.. that totals to 300mg w/c is 3 grams per capsule.. so 2 caps would already be 6 grams right?

molly, thats probably why you had tummy problems cos you took 4 caps.. thats 12 grams.. but if there's no such thing as overdosing on fish oil then you're probably having other factors affecting your bowel movement.. i dont know if this is right cos im a little confused myself..

I have taken 1 1000mg fish oil cap a day for around 7 years now.

After so many people here reported good results using more than this, I upped it to 3-4 1000mg caps per day for a few months. I got more inflamed breakouts, and felt grouchy and awful for those two months. I'm pretty sure it was the fish oils. I have no idea why other than the pathway for metabolizing these oils can be messed up in some people, perhaps I am one of them.

I've since gone back down to one a day and everything is better.

I've seen a few other people report the same thing, although this seems to be the minority. But if fish oils seem to increase breakouts for you, then perhaps you simply don't need the extra oil.

And yes, it can cause diarrhea in some people. So, what Molly experienced could indeed have happened.

I have taken 1 1000mg fish oil cap a day for around 7 years now.

After so many people here reported good results using more than this, I upped it to 3-4 1000mg caps per day for a few months. I got more inflamed breakouts, and felt grouchy and awful for those two months. I'm pretty sure it was the fish oils. I have no idea why other than the pathway for metabolizing these oils can be messed up in some people, perhaps I am one of them.

I've since gone back down to one a day and everything is better.

I've seen a few other people report the same thing, although this seems to be the minority. But if fish oils seem to increase breakouts for you, then perhaps you simpley don't need the extra oil.

And yes, it can cause diarrhea in some people. So, what Molly experienced could indeed have happened.

Thanks for the input Brandy. I might start taking one a day. Ive been taking two

okay guys, i have the gnc cholesterol free fish body oils 1000 and the epa is 180mg and the dha is 120mg.. that totals to 300mg w/c is 3 grams per capsule.. so 2 caps would already be 6 grams right?

molly, thats probably why you had tummy problems cos you took 4 caps.. thats 12 grams.. but if there's no such thing as overdosing on fish oil then you're probably having other factors affecting your bowel movement.. i dont know if this is right cos im a little confused myself..

Hmmm actually that's not 3 grams per capsule. You only add the epa and dha or so i've been told and if that's the case the capsule only has 300mg far from 3 grams or 1 for that matter.

Hmmm actually that's not 3 grams per capsule. You only add the epa and dha or so i've been told and if that's the case the capsule only has 300mg far from 3 grams or 1 for that matter.

since 1 cap has 300mg, 2 caps would make it 600mg NOT 6g

1000mg = 1g

since 1 cap has 300mg, 2 caps would make it 600mg NOT 6g

1000mg = 1g

oops my conversion was way off.. :P

ill do some more reading on this but for now ill only take 1 to 2 caps per day..

6-8 after breakfast

4-6 after lunch

6-8 after dinner

indeed

with dietary and supplement changes things usually get worse before they get better