Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys, my skin is actually getting really clear and all I seem to be doing is drinking 1.5-2 gallons of water a day...the only thing left to clear skin for me is a little bit of redness on my cheeks. There is just like a field of red there, that doesn't seem to go away. I'm pretty sure its not any abnormal skin condition like rosatia (sp?) or anything like that... Any suggestions on what I could do to reduce the redness, even temporarily? :-k I have an important weekend on the 23rd of this month and I'd like to know wat i can do before then! Thanks everyone~

Hmm. A little interesting. Maybe you should apply a light BHA Lotion or gel to your cheeks. Or Aloe Vera Gel. I really like Fruit of The Earth 100% Aloe Vera Gel. It is very nice. You should beable to get it at your local Wal-Mart or Target. Also, the price is very cheap for the amount you get. So far, it's helped my reddness on my skin from my previous acne marks and it very lightly moisturizes the skin. But, I would definitely try the Aloe Vera Gel first.

I hope I helped some!

-Nikki-

It'll take time for the red marks to go away. Exfoliating your skin, using some products will make them fade faster, but it'll still take a long time, so unfortunately they won't be gone in the next 2 weeks.

If you're really worried about looking good for an event, you're best bet would be to go to cosmetic counters and try out some makeup to cover up the redness for the evening.

Hey Nikki and ritzvin, thanks for the tips. If the aloe vera gel doesn't help reduce the redness a bit, I was thinking of taking up ritzvin's suggestion and buying something to cover it up temporarily. But as a guy I'd feel kinda wierd going to buy...concealer... doubt.gif

Any other suggestions guys? I don't have a webcam or digital camera so I could show you guys, but the redness does have tiny little craters in it...does that help w/ a possible answer? :-k

Hehe.

Well just try a BHA and the Aloe Vera Gel. It should help within the next two weeks.

The best BHA by far is Paulas Choice 1% and 2% BHA Lotion. Since you can only order it online and it takes about a week to recieve it, you could go for something in the drugstores for a little while. On that note, you should try Neutrogena's Clear Pore Treatment 2% Gel/Lotion BHA OR Neutrogena's Multi-Vitamin Ance Treatment Lotion form with I believe 1% BHA.

As far as going to the department store to get a concealor or light weight foundation to cover the reddness for the night, really isn't a big deal. All the celebrity men do wear make up for for everything that they do!. Honestly, it doesn't matter.

-Nikki-