Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xev

Era spray on foundation

Era spray foundation has got to be the best foundation I've ever used. This is the stuff Carmindy uses on "What Not to Wear". I hate putting on thick foundation and I don't really like mineral foundation. It takes me 5 seconds to put it on compared to 15 minutes (5 minutes probably, but it feels like forever) to get liquid or minerals to look good. I just spray directly on my face and pat/buff with the little poof that it comes with and it looks awesome. I finish it with a quick brush of translucent powder to set it. It feels so light and the coverage is amazing. It really does look airbrushed.

It is; however, a bit on the expensive side. It lasts through the day and I just use blotting sheets (I'm super oily) to keep it looking fresh. I used to dread putting on foundation, but it's a breeze now. I love this stuff.

http://www.classifiedcosmetics.com/

Hmm interesting. But yea it is alittle expensive for me. I think also Sally Hansen made a 'spray-on' foundation too?

Hmm interesting. But yea it is alittle expensive for me. I think also Sally Hansen made a 'spray-on' foundation too?

Yeah I have heard good things about spray on foundation, but all the brands that carry them are so expensive :(

I hated Era. It just sat on top of my skin. And with my super oily skin, it was gone within four hours.

Why would it take someone 15 minutes to put on liquid foundation? I just don't get it.

^ I agree, I have the worst face ever.... takes me at least 3 layers of heavy foundation to make my face look DECENT.. and it only takes me about 5 minutes to do, including putting on a finishing powder.

I hated Era. It just sat on top of my skin. And with my super oily skin, it was gone within four hours.

Why would it take someone 15 minutes to put on liquid foundation? I just don't get it.

Yeah I buffed it in. I know how to use aresol foundation. At MAC, we released Studio Mist foundation a few months ago and I had to wear spray foundation everyday for a while.

I liked the MAC much better than the Era. And I didn't even like the MAC that much.

Okay. I'm sorry to have stepped on your toes. I didn't know you worked at MAC. I will have to give Mac's spray a try then.

Stepped on my toes?? :shifty:

I seemed to have missed something.

Anyhow...

I don't like Era.

I don't like MAC Studio Mist.

And that's all.

Just wanted to let those who REALLY want to try this foundation (like me) but can't see themselves spending $55 on it...

It is available on Home Shopping Network (www.hsn.com) for $29.90 for the foundation or a combo package of the foundation and primer for $36.50!

Still expensive, but much more reasonable!

Please let us know what you think of it. I was reading the reviews and they are mostly positive, but some people hated it.

But what I don't get is Carminde always sprays it on her hand, then applies with a sponge. So what's the point of it being a spray in the first place?

And if you spray it on, doesn't it get all over your eyebrows, lashes and hairline. Same with the airbrush stuff.

But what I don't get is Carminde always sprays it on her hand, then applies with a sponge. So what's the point of it being a spray in the first place?

And if you spray it on, doesn't it get all over your eyebrows, lashes and hairline. Same with the airbrush stuff.

I was wondering why she sprays in on heir hand first also....Carmandie's complexion does look really nice, but it has a dewy look that is better for those with dry to normal skin. I need a matte foundation, as my skin produces it's own dew & I'll end up super greasy with a non-matte foundation.

BTW, my mom loves that Sally Hansen leg spray (someone mentioned it). She's in her 50s & is complaining of leg veins now, although I think her legs look very good in comparison to many women her age. Although she gets shaving irritation like me, and being a redhead is always pale which shows flaws more, so she likes that it evens them out & camouflages any flaws. The light colored leg spray actually looks really good & natural on her. I was surprised.

ALL spray foundations should be sprayed onto a palette or hand first. NEVER spray directly onto the face.

EVER.

I watched the HSN video of when they presented the product on TV... and they totally talk about literally spraying it on. They have models putting it on; and they just keep spraying their faces, blotting, spraying, blotting. And I couldn't believe it.

lol I think I've tried too many airbrush products :lol: ( Era, Sally Hanson, Almay, Nyce Legs, Airstockings, Mac). I still use the Almay(leg makeup) product on my body for bronzing. Era looked dry and chalky on my face(i did moisturize before i applied), didn't provide the coverage I needed, and gave me more zits..along with sally hanson and Mac. The Mac mist actually was more like a mousse and it would dry so quickly it streaked. Very hard to blend.

It's funny though..Era was a great body makeup for me but my face didn't argree with it. Really certain products work wonderfully for others and not as well for some. So if you want to try a product then I say go for it. Sometimes I read bad reviews of products that I quite enjoy.