Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blahblah900

hydroquinone

Has it worked on your brown marks? I wanted to know but i see a lot of people say it doesn't do anything. I remembered i used the proactiv product skin lightneer with hydroquinione a few years ago when i had acne but it didn't do much.

Has anyone here had success with hydroquinone? If so, whats the specific product you used?

I used hydroquinone 3% and it was for shit. I used it for a full year!!!! It gave me pimples and my dark marks are still there bold and prominent.

HQ will work to solve hyperpigmentation problems (the dark blotches), but won't help at all for red marks, which simply put, is the product of capillaries forming at the site of the acne wound as part of the healing process.

I've used hydroquinone before, no results. Honestly, using the exfoliants that I am, plus wildberry & kojic acid they seem to be lightening up now.

I'm going to try liquorice extract next. I was reading something about azelaic acid helping with brown marks...? I may give it a go too. Hell, I'll try just about anything.

Hydroquinone actually worked for me. I originally used to use it for red marks, but I noticed I would break out when I stopped using it. The reason is, because it used to dry my skin a bit. All I had to do was skip a day and I wold get new pimples. I quit using it though, since it is not supposed to be for long term usem and I was on it for over a year.