Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello there, folks

Like all freshman in college, I was young and dumb. I have managed to attract many girls with honey and of course, I turned down many many girls. (I had maybe 1 zit?)

However, this one girl asked me to attend a symphony event with her and she was very charming and gorgeous - an offer I cannot refuse! So, I decided to reserve the tickets ahead of time - we got the best seating in the house. And, I brought 37 of my closest friends ( yes, I also got them the tickets, nobody knew I had special connections with the orchestra )

The day before the event she asked me what I am going to wear. But because school came first for me, I did not talk to her nor see her very often in the days between our first meeting and the actual concert date. I've always lived in the library and the gym.

So the special night came, and all 39 of us drove to the event. I made sure that nobody distracted me and her when we enjoyed ourselves. BUT, this old couple started to talk ceaselessly to me about the paper I recently published - don't ask me why but people around the community always come to me about chemistry and my recent publication on RNA. So they kept me occupied when I wanted to use that time to talk to her, my date.

Then, after 15 minutes, finally, the old couple said to her, "oh, we are sorry, we didn't mean to interrupt (your lovely evening)." 'Tis too late!!! She says, "Oh, no, we are just friends." That left me speechless!!!! I then started to talk to her and asked her about her family and everything. maybe I should've said something like "maybe we are only friends for now, but who is to say for sure that is for the upcoming days ahead of us?"

Anyways, she smiled and was excited throughout the evening. Though she drove herself back to her dorm afterwards. She is an extremely shy girl. She shakes when she speaks in front of her communications class. It's been perhaps half a year since this first date. I never really called her back. But, she always came to my performances. She even brought her little sister, and she brought her girlfriends. I never seen her with any other guys.

Is there still hope? She gets really nervous in front of me... and I get really nervous in front of her lol. I don't think she realize that but... my heart almost jumps out when I see her and talk to her lol. I think she goes through the same thing. Her face gets all red.

Comments?

Sweep her off her feet. Make sure you ride your white charger and wear full chainmail armour as well. Bow a lot. Kiss her hand frequently so she knows you're a gentleman.

Here's my real advice: call her. Ask her to go out again. Take her to dinner and then some kind of activity afterwards where you can still talk but be involved in doing something so silences aren't awkward. (mini-golf, bowling, etc). Be considerate and respectful. Don't try to brag to her. Smile at her. Be funny, not overbearing. Compliment her sincerely. Be kind.

Stroke your ego much? 39 friends? How can you possibly have 39 friends you keep in contact with?

Your whole post is composed of BS.

Stroke your ego much? 39 friends? How can you possibly have 39 friends you keep in contact with?

Your whole post is composed of BS.

39 friends is not much, my friend. These 39 are my closest friends. We share the same taste for entertainment. One concert I had about 300 friends who attended. Not all were close friends, but a good percentage were.

When you are a student leader and a student chemist, people come to you for all sorts of reasons.

So, please don't consider it a BS.

If your getting really really nervous then cover that up, drink so much coffee(or beer)with so much sugar you cant help but not feel anything other than jittery and youll forget about being nervous. Something else you could do is the pain approach burn yourself with a cigarette youll wont worry about being nervous and if anything you can play the pity card and show her you burned yourself girls love caring for others in physical pain. Easiest thing would be dinner or if you can do the stalker thing figure out what classes shes takin next semester and register in them and youll have 4months to slowly make your move and youll talk to her almost everyday, it worked for me but i didnt do the stalker thing it was a girl i met in class randomly lets just say lots of leg rubbing and touching and laughing.

TIS BETTER TO HAVE LOVED THAN NOT LOVED AT ALL

o yea that girl was also married so do make sure shes not married so you wont be shocked later like i was, i always get suckered in by those girls who sway their hips from side to side when they walk past you and turn around

HAHAHA well it was probably cause she was 3 years older than me shes 24 turning 25 and a junior just like me well senior in a month

dude dont be an idiot like me what your going through ive been through that with 6 girls so far, and its always the girl who flat out tries to get your attention or the shy ones that try to get your attention but you kinda ignored that you fall deeply in love with, in college you go through those feelings so quickly

HAHAHA well it was probably cause she was 3 years older than me shes 24 turning 25 and a junior just like me well senior in a month

dude dont be an idiot like me what your going through ive been through that with 6 girls so far, and its always the girl who flat out tries to get your attention or the shy ones that try to get your attention but you kinda ignored that you fall deeply in love with, in college you go through those feelings so quickly

well out of those 6 or so girls theres only 2 that i truly like the others were i liked but personality wise it didnt work out so well just really attracted to, well are you 2 in the same major?

That nervousness is a good sign, im like you i dont flat out ask girls out it takes me time. Best way to get both you and her comfortable with each other is to take a class together, find out from a friend of hers, add her to facebook. If you really like her enough then do that, you can do assignments together and since your kinda shy HW is a good way to get her number without feeling stupid afterwards.

hey hes nervous, i only get like that with girls i actually like which was 6 out of like 30 girls, the other girls i treated pretty badly though. But wouldnt you be like that with a gorgeous busty blond that has every guy staring at her

well out of those 6 or so girls theres only 2 that i truly like the others were i liked but personality wise it didnt work out so well just really attracted to, well are you 2 in the same major?

That nervousness is a good sign, im like you i dont flat out ask girls out it takes me time. Best way to get both you and her comfortable with each other is to take a class together, find out from a friend of hers, add her to facebook. If you really like her enough then do that, you can do assignments together and since your kinda shy HW is a good way to get her number without feeling stupid afterwards.

Hey! I thought I gave pretty good advice and it got ignored. Hmmmmmmph. :snooty:

If she really is shy, then showing up to your performances is a big effort & shows that she likes you. You're going to have to pursue her if you want anything to happen though, even just for a friendship. She'll probably open up more once she feels safe to.

About the "just friends" thing, sometimes shy people say stuff like that because they don't want to assume that someone likes them more than they do, because they would find it embarrassing to be mistaken in a situation like that. Shy people often get embarrassed easily & don't think much of themselves.

If she really is shy, then showing up to your performances is a big effort & shows that she likes you. You're going to have to pursue her if you want anything to happen though, even just for a friendship. She'll probably open up more once she feels safe to.

About the "just friends" thing, sometimes shy people say stuff like that because they don't want to assume that someone likes them more than they do, because they would find it embarrassing to be mistaken in a situation like that. Shy people often get embarrassed easily & don't think much of themselves.