Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stacyfrpt

in a relationship because i don't think anyone else will want me with my acne

hi i was wondering if anyone else feels the same as i do i have been in a relationship for almost 3 years i developed acne about 2 years ago. this has made me very deppressed. i'm unhappy in the relationship i'm in but can not seem to get out of it because i have a very very low self esteem i feel that no other guy will acept me due the fact that i have acne. i'm always wondering what other people will think when they get up close to me.i'm so unhappy in the relationship i'm in and day by day it seems i'm just waisting my life. i have anxeity panic attacks i have called out sick because i don't want people to see my acne. recently my boyfriend and i broke up and i was asked out on a date by a guy that was totally my type but i turned him down because i had broken out that weekend. thank you guys for letting me share my feelings with you

Hey welcome to the site and happy posting! :wavey:

Its very hard for others to accept us when we do not even accept ourselves.

hi molly thanks for the welcome, i know what your saying but it's so hard when my self esteem is so low

hi i was wondering if anyone else feels the same as i do i have been in a relationship for almost 3 years i developed acne about 2 years ago. this has made me very deppressed. i'm unhappy in the relationship i'm in but can not seem to get out of it because i have a very very low self esteem i feel that no other guy will acept me due the fact that i have acne. i'm always wondering what other people will think when they get up close to me.i'm so unhappy in the relationship i'm in and day by day it seems i'm just waisting my life. i have anxeity panic attacks i have called out sick because i don't want people to see my acne. recently my boyfriend and i broke up and i was asked out on a date by a guy that was totally my type but i turned him down because i had broken out that weekend. thank you guys for letting me share my feelings with you

Well, you shouldn't turn him down. Tell him you are preparing for a major exam and perhaps next week or something. You don't want to deny yourself any opportunities for happiness. BUT, you can postpone that...

I feel you. It's rough having acne, and going to the movies with a guy (especially if he's really cute) and having all the clear-skinned, prettier girls look at him like he's nuts for being with YOU of all people.

Hey welcome to the site and happy posting! :wavey:

Its very hard for others to accept us when we do not even accept ourselves.

hi molly thanks for the welcome, i know what your saying but it's so hard when my self esteem is so low

I dont accept myself either. That was a :comfort:

im kinda confused. the title says ur in a relationship and then the content says ur broken up?? well if ur broken up thats definitely a good thing. u shouldn't stay in a relationship if ur unhappy, especially if ur only in it because u think no one else will want u. u said it urself. u have low self-esteem and that's probably what u should work on.

take this time while ur single to work on yourself. do things that u enjoy and just try ur best to get out of the house and into a healthy environment. i dunno about u but i stay home a lot when my skins bad and i've been trying to change that. i know time isn't gonna stop until my skin gets clear again and i just dont want to waste my life anymore because more time is never guaranteed. i just got out of a relationship too and its SO hard being alone. but in my opinion its worse to be in an unhappy relationship and i know i'm much more emotionally stable single.

im kinda confused. the title says ur in a relationship and then the content says ur broken up?? well if ur broken up thats definitely a good thing. u shouldn't stay in a relationship if ur unhappy, especially if ur only in it because u think no one else will want u. u said it urself. u have low self-esteem and that's probably what u should work on.

take this time while ur single to work on yourself. do things that u enjoy and just try ur best to get out of the house and into a healthy environment. i dunno about u but i stay home a lot when my skins bad and i've been trying to change that. i know time isn't gonna stop until my skin gets clear again and i just dont want to waste my life anymore because more time is never guaranteed. i just got out of a relationship too and its SO hard being alone. but in my opinion its worse to be in an unhappy relationship and i know i'm much more emotionally stable single.

i'm sorry if i didn't explain that correctly we broke up for about 2 months that's when this other guy asked me out and i bailed because i was embarressed. my ex and i did get back together i just feel like i can't get anyone else because i'm to embarressed about my acne. i see the guy who asked me out at least twice a week and he is super nice to me but i seem to shy away from him when he gets to close i try my best to avoid eye contact. i need to work on my self- esteem and self worth. thanks

I feel you. It's rough having acne, and going to the movies with a guy (especially if he's really cute) and having all the clear-skinned, prettier girls look at him like he's nuts for being with YOU of all people.

that's what i mean i always feel like he could do much better then me there are plenty of pretty girls out there with clear skin that would love to go out on a date with him he has a great presonality an is a very kind hearted human being

he sounds like a great guy. u know...someones gonna snatch him up if u dont make a move. :whistle:

lol no but u really shouldnt settle for ur bf. it sounds like the other guy really likes u and u like him. its sad that ur not letting anything happen there. seems like u'd be a lot happier. and i honestly doubt that ur skin is a factor with him b/c he asked u out anyway.

i'm sorry if i didn't explain that correctly we broke up for about 2 months that's when this other guy asked me out and i bailed because i was embarressed. my ex and i did get back together i just feel like i can't get anyone else because i'm to embarressed about my acne. i see the guy who asked me out at least twice a week and he is super nice to me but i seem to shy away from him when he gets to close i try my best to avoid eye contact. i need to work on my self- esteem and self worth. thanks

that's what i mean i always feel like he could do much better then me there are plenty of pretty girls out there with clear skin that would love to go out on a date with him he has a great presonality an is a very kind hearted human being

Sometimes we know what the right thing to do is, but are afraid to do it. It sounds like you really want to break from your bf, and in fact know you should, but you need a little extra push to get there! Listen to your inner voice, what is it telling you? You will be much better off on your own. I agree with the other poster, it's a great chance for you to work on yourself - recapture some of your interests and hobbies. And about the other guy, yes you should not let acne limit you, but jumping into dating someone else right after a break up isn't always the best thing either. You could explain to him that you are not ready to date anyone yet. Maybe you guys could hang out as friends, without any pressure. I dated a guy for 2 1/2 years and knew it wasn't right, but it took me a long time to finally break up with him. But when I did I was so relieved!

he sounds like a great guy. u know...someones gonna snatch him up if u dont make a move. :whistle:

lol no but u really shouldnt settle for ur bf. it sounds like the other guy really likes u and u like him. its sad that ur not letting anything happen there. seems like u'd be a lot happier. and i honestly doubt that ur skin is a factor with him b/c he asked u out anyway.

thank you for the support i really appreicate it i have no one i can talk to you i backed away from all of my friends and family once again thank you so much

Sometimes we know what the right thing to do is, but are afraid to do it. It sounds like you really want to break from your bf, and in fact know you should, but you need a little extra push to get there! Listen to your inner voice, what is it telling you? You will be much better off on your own. I agree with the other poster, it's a great chance for you to work on yourself - recapture some of your interests and hobbies. And about the other guy, yes you should not let acne limit you, but jumping into dating someone else right after a break up isn't always the best thing either. You could explain to him that you are not ready to date anyone yet. Maybe you guys could hang out as friends, without any pressure. I dated a guy for 2 1/2 years and knew it wasn't right, but it took me a long time to finally break up with him. But when I did I was so relieved!

that's exactly how i feel i know the right thing to do but i'm afraid my inner voice is telling me to break up with him but i hate to hurt someone i wish he would break up with me so i wouldnt have to hurt his feelings that's my problem i worry to much about other people i agree with you i'm not going to jump into anything yet maybe we can just be good friends and i can maybe work on my self esteem and confidence. i need to love and accept myself before anyone else can. thank you