Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So i'm on like a 70$ limit and I am DYING to go to MAC <3 but i'm not sure what to get really lol. I'm thinking either studio fix, studio fix fluid and studio finish concealer and then either blot powder, a new bronzer OR a new blush...........so what's everyone's favey's from MAC?? (I have pics of my retarded face somewhere on here in the gallery or albums but i'm basically pretty darn pale with alot of pink in my skin)

Thanks guys and dolls! :dance:

Thanks girls =) I'm still iffy on the SFF just because i don't want it melting off my face this summer : / stupid oily skin haha. Shopping for basics is so boring, it's gonna be hard not to get caught up in all the shadows and lippy's. Do any of you use MAC bronzer? becaue i'm trying to decide between golden and refined golden. I wish I could find one similar to my shooting star mineralize skinfinish that has finally died :boohoo:

No, I've never used a MAC bronzer. You should be fine with the SFF and blot powder. But you can try the "Fix" spray that they have too. THat should help with non-melting.

No, I've never used a MAC bronzer. You should be fine with the SFF and blot powder. But you can try the "Fix" spray that they have too. THat should help with non-melting.

thanks for all the suggestions <3 i'm gonna go tonight and check it out! i got a few more dollars so i might get a new shadow or something as well =) yay! I love makeup shopping.

Okay, I just got back home from going out to the mall with my bff. I wound up with studio fix, select concealer (the tube one?) technakohl eyeliner in blacktrack i think, and melba blusher and prrr lipglass. The foundation/concealer actually warmed up my skin so i didn't get a bronzer. It was actually pretty cool, she used an nw concealer to get rid of the redness in my face and my studio fix is an nc. kinda neat. I LOVE EVERYTHING! Just had to share <3 hehe I also got my bff addicted ;)

Glad to love your new stuff!!

I love Melba blush. It's gorgeous! And if you got a Technakohl, it is probably GraphBlack.

yeah that's it! I couldn't remember the name at the moment. My best friend go the black and a dark plum one as well and it was sooo beautiful together! I got her so MAC addicted hehe

SWEET! So you got Studio fix fluid and the studio fix concealer?

I LOVE Prrrr lipglass...I'm still angry at myself for losing mine.

I went with the studio fix powder foundation although the MA did warn me that it doesn't work for alot of people so we'll see but so far i'm loving it. I still am considering getting the liquid version too though (lol). OMG i'm LOVING prrr! I just got another 100 to spend actually (mu mum owed me some money from my car getting sold so i'm probably going back tomorrow for eyeshadows and stuff ;) I don't know what to get now though. I really liked the fix + but I kinda think I want some nice everyday eyeshadows and maybe a fun color or two....hmmmm decisons. GAH I swear MAC is an addiction!

Get Shale eye shadow. I love that one...it might be one of my top three fave MAC shadows because you can combine it with absolutely anything and it looks amazing on everyone. I love using it with Crystal eye shadow.

Oh sweet! I used to LOVE the studio fix powder plus foundation but was paranoid of it breaking me out. That was years ago though and I never did have a breakout but I was so paranoid that I couldn't use it! :lol:

Get some eyeshadows for sure! And I would get a fluidliner.

lol! That's too much! I get like that too though...The MA told me all about how she didn't really recommend it for skin prone to breakouts but said if I really wanted it she'd use it on me. That made me a little scared : / But so far day 2 and no problems. I'll definately check out shale and crystal avalanche! Thanks Rush! I go there and just don't even know where to begin when it comes to shadows and lipsticks...so many choices! I REALLY liked coppering but i'm not sure what i'd wear it with...hmmm. The fluidliner does look cool. I might check out some neutral shadows and maybe a bright fun fluidliner for going out? FUN!

No no no, don't get Crystal Avalanche! Get Crystal.

And get Antiqued instead of Coppering...it's less orange.

Use Antiqued with Non-Conformist Fluidline. It's bright but not too in-your-face.

oops! I have like MAC name add today. I'll check out antiqued and the fluidliner you rec'd. Coppering just looks so pretty in the pot but I am kinda worried that i'd overdo it and just look like a big orange racoon or something.

Yeah, Coppering is very orange. Antiqued is more of a brown base with coppper shimmer. Much more wearable. Also look into Amber Lights. And if you can deal with the fact that it is a lustre formulation, look at Mythology!! Those are all pretty similar.

Thanks Rush! I did look at Amber lights and mythology the other day and really loved them so we'll see what I come home with later. I'm such a spaz, I couldn't sleep because i'm so excited to go back to MAC! I have to do a B2M too, but that's a whole nother story! haha. I'm not entirely sure but i'll probably get either high tea, myth, angel or something along those lines.

Do you have access to a MAC free standing store? If so, you can use your B2M to get eye shadows.

If you have one close, you HAVE to be in their system prior to using B2M for eye shadow. So go one day and buy something and get yourself into their system.

Doesn't work at counters though.

Sadly the nearest MAC store is a a good hour away in really bad traffic (seattle) But I am gonna try to go to the actual store for my b-day in a few months ( I told everyone I want MAC and me and my girlfriends are gonna all go for makeovers =) Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't makevoers at MAC like $30 or so but reimbursable in products??? Anyways, I am in there system but doubt i'll have more empties by then :/ I wound up getting a lustrelglass (love nectar) and 5 shadows (honey lust, coppering, sable, mythology. and fab& flashy)and use my B2M to get politely pink lipstick. I did check out one of the shadows you rec'd (crystal-which was actually really pretty) but didn't see shale on the display :/ it was a little disorganized. But I think I will def. get them later when I pick up some fun colors (GAH I can't wait for my b-day haha) Thanks for everybody's help!

Each MAC counter/store is a little different when it comes to makeovers. At my store, you are required to purchase $35 worth of products. Other stores don't charge anything, and some others charge money without purchasing products. Just ask when you make the appointment!

regarding the MAC makeover- i had to pay $35 then buy i think it was like, $50 in products. by the time you are done being madeover you spend well over the $50 min.

Hmm thanks ladies! I'm going to the MAC counter in Nordies probably this weekend (no, i don't think i'm buying anything this time! lol) because my friend wanted to return an eyeliner so I'll ask them about there makeover policy then I might call the MAC store later on....