Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
moomooacow

Problems Arising After 1 Year

Hello, I've been loyal to DKR for a year now and have had NO PROBLEMS up until this point. But in the past two months my acne has been worsening and I feel helpless because I can't figure out what is causing it. My regimen is:

Morning: Dan's Cleanser, then Dan's BP followed by Cetaphil Moisturizer and Aloe Vera Gel

I wash it into a lather then apply the Cleanser to my face, wait 5 - 10 minutes until I feel my face is dry, then apply the BP, then wait ~10 minutes until I feel my face is dry again and then I use the moisturizer combo.

Night: Dan's Cleanser, then Dan's BP, then AHA 10% and Aloe Vera Gel followed by Cetaphil Moisturizer and Aloe Vera Gel

Same as above, except after the BP I apply a light amount of AHA all over my face with the Aloe Vera Gel to help spread it all around, then wait another 10 minutes or so to apply the moisturizer combination.

The only thing in my regimen which I've changed recently is that whenever I go out I apply Olay's Anti-Wrinkle Daily SPF-15 lotion + Aloe Vera Gel, because my skin is very fair and made even more sensitive by the regimen, but I began applying it after I was noticing a problem with acne control.

I do not believe, however, it could be the sunscreen because when I was out in the sun for hours during Soccer season I would constantly be applying it and reapplying it throughout the day to make sure I didn't get sunburnt. During this time my skin was perfect and breakout free.

Another factor which I suspect is work-related. I work at Robeks, which is equivalent to Jamba Juice, and for those who don't know what Jamba Juice is, it's a fast-food fruit-smoothie franchise, essentially. Shortly after I began work I noticed the change, so it seems to me to be the most likely culprit.

At my job I use sanitizer, degreaser, and soap throughout the day to clean off equipment. During the closing shift we pretty much douse the entire store in bleach to clean everything off. I suspect that these chemicals are the cause of my sorrows. Everyone at work knows how corrosive the cleaning agents are because if you ever get even a tiny cut on your hand, it takes months for it to heal *thanks to the chemicals*.

Since I've arrived at this conclusion a few weeks ago, I have been making a concious effort to never touching my face when I work, wash my hands constantly, and keep the chemicals from spraying or ever getting near my face. After that, and my four day hiatus from work, my skin condition still is not improving and I see little red marks popping up all over just waiting to turn into white-heads.

I can not quit my job because I need $$$$ because I like to party. I've been looking for another job but none have the same flexibility as the one I am currently working at, which I need because I like to party and b/c of my main job as a club and rave promoter *I don't make enough to support myself fully yet, hence the second job*. Keeping myself beautiful ALWAYS is vital for business, so waiting seems impossible for me, especially since I have to be out constantly. It is a very image and social-oriented business.

Please help, I tried to be detailed as possible to give you all as much info to work with so you can help me out.

THANK YOU!!!!!

What is the acne that has been appearing like? Are they small colorless bumps, or small inflamed red bumps, or larger inflamed lesions?

My skin seems to change in the summer. Just in the past couple of weeks, as it has been getting really warm and humid suddenly, my face is a lot oilier-feeling, and a few of the comedones that salicylic acid had taken care of are creeping back, though my inflammatory acne is still under control. To adapt, I've been using less moisturizer, and I've been using the Complex 15 lotion + sunblock rather than other moisturizers, for the most part, and relying more on jojoba oil to do the moisturizing. Maybe you need to use less moisturizer, or switch to something lighter, more aloe vera, less other moisturizers? I wonder if you're experiencing the same seasonal skin shifts that I am, which I feel a little helpless to deal with, but am trying, and perhaps you might be able to find a creative solution.

And yeah, all those chemicals can't be helping the situation, and as much as you have tried to minimize your exposure, it might be the case that you won't be able to get back to where your skin was until you stop working there. You might have a lot of these chemicals in the air around you, which you won't be able to do anything about no matter how careful you are about not touching your face.

Yea, my cousin also having the same problem. He's been clear all for the past year, then Summer came around and bam, he's fucked again. But he's clearing up now. It took like 1 month.

hey ive been using bp for about 2 yrs i alwys used strength 5 cos hadnt hear of dkr and i got same problem and i went docs and they gave me mincylcin antibiotics which really helped and now i do dkr and i only get breakouts around period time. so maybe it hormonal or infection course your return acne cos bp kills bacteria so. emmy xx

Hello, I've been loyal to DKR for a year now and have had NO PROBLEMS up until this point. But in the past two months my acne has been worsening and I feel helpless because I can't figure out what is causing it. My regimen is:

Morning: Dan's Cleanser, then Dan's BP followed by Cetaphil Moisturizer and Aloe Vera Gel

I wash it into a lather then apply the Cleanser to my face, wait 5 - 10 minutes until I feel my face is dry, then apply the BP, then wait ~10 minutes until I feel my face is dry again and then I use the moisturizer combo.

Night: Dan's Cleanser, then Dan's BP, then AHA 10% and Aloe Vera Gel followed by Cetaphil Moisturizer and Aloe Vera Gel

Same as above, except after the BP I apply a light amount of AHA all over my face with the Aloe Vera Gel to help spread it all around, then wait another 10 minutes or so to apply the moisturizer combination.

The only thing in my regimen which I've changed recently is that whenever I go out I apply Olay's Anti-Wrinkle Daily SPF-15 lotion + Aloe Vera Gel, because my skin is very fair and made even more sensitive by the regimen, but I began applying it after I was noticing a problem with acne control.

I do not believe, however, it could be the sunscreen because when I was out in the sun for hours during Soccer season I would constantly be applying it and reapplying it throughout the day to make sure I didn't get sunburnt. During this time my skin was perfect and breakout free.

Another factor which I suspect is work-related. I work at Robeks, which is equivalent to Jamba Juice, and for those who don't know what Jamba Juice is, it's a fast-food fruit-smoothie franchise, essentially. Shortly after I began work I noticed the change, so it seems to me to be the most likely culprit.

At my job I use sanitizer, degreaser, and soap throughout the day to clean off equipment. During the closing shift we pretty much douse the entire store in bleach to clean everything off. I suspect that these chemicals are the cause of my sorrows. Everyone at work knows how corrosive the cleaning agents are because if you ever get even a tiny cut on your hand, it takes months for it to heal *thanks to the chemicals*.

Since I've arrived at this conclusion a few weeks ago, I have been making a concious effort to never touching my face when I work, wash my hands constantly, and keep the chemicals from spraying or ever getting near my face. After that, and my four day hiatus from work, my skin condition still is not improving and I see little red marks popping up all over just waiting to turn into white-heads.

I can not quit my job because I need $$$$ because I like to party. I've been looking for another job but none have the same flexibility as the one I am currently working at, which I need because I like to party and b/c of my main job as a club and rave promoter *I don't make enough to support myself fully yet, hence the second job*. Keeping myself beautiful ALWAYS is vital for business, so waiting seems impossible for me, especially since I have to be out constantly. It is a very image and social-oriented business.

Please help, I tried to be detailed as possible to give you all as much info to work with so you can help me out.

THANK YOU!!!!!

seasons do suck. in the winter my skin gets uber dry as its -25-45 celsius out and summer is +30. its really only in the fall and spring that i dont have many problems.