Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne_battle

I dont know why I keep doing this to myself...

I know that money doesnt buy happiness but everytime I go shopping I buy a pair of shoes. Ive spent $140 on two pairs of shoes in less than a week and I have more shoes than my age. Im so depressed :( Something is wrong with me. Normal people do not do this :boohoo: Im not gonna comitt suicide but Im tired of suffering and I wish I was never born :(

Shoes are awesome =] It's not abnormal to have a shoe addiction. If I had a job...... i'd be buying new shoes weekly :lol: For now..... i'm just going to continue on with my sickening makeup addiction :whistle:

Shoes are awesome =] It's not abnormal to have a shoe addiction. If I had a job...... i'd be buying new shoes weekly :lol: For now..... i'm just going to continue on with my sickening makeup addiction :whistle:

Take them back Molly! If you want to stop the addiction, the physical reality of brinigng them back might help. I sympathise, though-I've been there, but more with clothes than shoes.

Take them back Molly! If you want to stop the addiction, the physical reality of brinigng them back might help. I sympathise, though-I've been there, but more with clothes than shoes.

lol! OKay then, keep them (I understand that too). $60 is a good deal for Nikes. Now just set a date and a budget limit where you can't cspend any more on anythign non-essential untila certain date.

lol! OKay then, keep them (I understand that too). $60 is a good deal for Nikes. Now just set a date and a budget limit where you can't cspend any more on anythign non-essential untila certain date.

Lol! Well, you'll need to set some realistic goals. Like nothing until Labour day or somthing except soap, underwear (not lingerie) and food.

Lol! Well, you'll need to set some realistic goals. Like nothing until Labour day or somthing except soap, underwear (not lingerie) and food.

I don't know if this will help you, but I figure it's worth a shot. I had a really really bad shopping habit (last summer I spent $500 on jeans alone :redface:). So what I did and have continued to do is create a month-by-month budget plan for myself. If for some reason I'm out and something frivolous catches my eye, I always think to myself, "How many hours would it take for me to pay for that item?" Stops me dead in my tracks and I high-tail it out of the store.

I don't know if this will help you, but I figure it's worth a shot. I had a really really bad shopping habit (last summer I spent $500 on jeans alone :redface:). So what I did and have continued to do is create a month-by-month budget plan for myself. If for some reason I'm out and something frivolous catches my eye, I always think to myself, "How many hours would it take for me to pay for that item?" Stops me dead in my tracks and I high-tail it out of the store.

I do the same thing. Makes hubby so frustrated. I cover my low self-esteem in nice clothes. Nice clothes make me feel pretty, thus a temporary fix to my sadness. =/

My mom is EXACTLY the same.the house is littered in her shoes and it really bugs me.Everytime we go out she buys shoes.

shoes shoes shoes shoes

i think thats all she ever thinks about :|

i guess its like an addiction.she needs help lol

My mom is EXACTLY the same.the house is littered in her shoes and it really bugs me.Everytime we go out she buys shoes.

shoes shoes shoes shoes

i think thats all she ever thinks about :|

i guess its like an addiction.she needs help lol

k i can definately understand this

i often have a compulsive urge to buy anything that i like, be it makeup, clothes, gourmet food, fancy coctails, jewelery, belts (i have a weird obsession with belts) nailpolish body shop products the list goes on and on.

i somehow convince myself i needsomething unesescerry which justifies my impulse to buy it. then i feel like a twirp.

i found a few things that help to prevent me from doing this:

never leave the house with more than 10 dollars (unless you are specifically going out to buy something, in that case take the exact amount of money you need)

dont even think about bringing the plastic

stay away from stores. do not enter. this only causes unesessary neurosis and frustration. if you really need something, you will notice it at home i.e. no more dish detergent, toilet paper, socks, moisturizer etc...

realize you dont need a lot of clothes/shoes/make up.

you need a few good quality items that look great on you.

if you "accidentally" enter a store, think: owning this item will not make me more attractive. it will not make ma happier. i dont need this item.

then think of what you could do with all the money you spend on shoes (go on vacation, buy a kitty, get a car, move into a bigger apartment, get a gift for your parents, save up for something big, invest in the stock market etc...)

This reminds me of something that happened to me this week. One lunchtime, I was window shopping and saw a pair of shoes that I looked the like of, tried them on and bought them. When I got back to the office, I was rummaging around under my desk to find something unrelated. I didn't find what I was looking for but I did find the EXACT same pair of shoes that I had just bought under my desk. Basically I had spent US$200 on a pair of shoes I already owned but had forgotten about. I think I can relate to your problem Molly!

This reminds me of something that happened to me this week. One lunchtime, I was window shopping and saw a pair of shoes that I looked the like of, tried them on and bought them. When I got back to the office, I was rummaging around under my desk to find something unrelated. I didn't find what I was looking for but I did find the EXACT same pair of shoes that I had just bought under my desk. Basically I had spent US$200 on a pair of shoes I already owned but had forgotten about. I think I can relate to your problem Molly!

Move to Alameda. We have no good stores to shop in here (at least not for clothes and shoes!). I go to the stores wanting to buy something and I look and look, and ususally come home empty handed. If I want to go shopping, I either have to drive out to Walnut Creek or take BART to Union Square in SF. Being far away from stores has saved me lots of money! :D

Seriously though, everyone else has given some great ideas!

Move to Alameda. We have no good stores to shop in here (at least not for clothes and shoes!). I go to the stores wanting to buy something and I look and look, and ususally come home empty handed. If I want to go shopping, I either have to drive out to Walnut Creek or take BART to Union Square in SF. Being far away from stores has saved me lots of money! :D

Seriously though, everyone else has given some great ideas!

ok im not fat or anything but i waste soooo much money on food, i can easily spend like $20 a day on food, especially little snacks here an there and starbucks. i have an insatiable appetite and expensive taste....but not the money to match :ninja:

ok im not fat or anything but i waste soooo much money on food, i can easily spend like $20 a day on food, especially little snacks here an there and starbucks. i have an insatiable appetite and expensive taste....but not the money to match :ninja: