Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has anyone tried this for depression? I tried it once, but I don't think I was taking enough and I've heard the tincture is more effective than the capsules.

It takes a lot to be effective, but has been reported to be every bit as effective as Prozac. If you are on other medications, realize that even herbal medications (PARTICULARLY St. John's Wort), can cause deleterious side effects.

It interacts with warfarin, digitalis and other meds. Those are the ones I remember off hand, but I could be wrong. I'm not a pharmacist. :P

when I first took it I felt I was alot better. my depression lifted after a few weeks.

But I seemed to feel quite irritable and couldnt concentrate. Not sure if the depression caused this or the st johns wort.

Yes the tincutre is probably the best way to go...tablets have so much other crap in them like lactose, titanium dioxide etc.

It takes a lot to be effective, but has been reported to be every bit as effective as Prozac. If you are on other medications, realize that even herbal medications (PARTICULARLY St. John's Wort), can cause deleterious side effects.

It interacts with warfarin, digitalis and other meds. Those are the ones I remember off hand, but I could be wrong. I'm not a pharmacist. :P

It interacts with oral contraceptives (Birth Control Pills) too.

You have to take it for a while to feel it really. For most people I don't think there's an immediate effect like taking an aspirin for pain. For some it can take 6 months for the full effect to be reached.