Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Juzmi

2nd day on Accutane

Hey everyone, I just took my first accutane pill(20mg once a day) yesterday and about 5-6 hours later got a pretty bad headache and very slight dizzyness, not enough to lose my balance but it was there. Ive had this headach since although it has lightened up, I have just taken my 2nd pill and it still seems to be there. Is this normal? Is my body just adjusting to the pill? Has anyone else had this and if so how long did it last? Thanks!

Hi ya,

Yes, you may get headaches the first week or so starting Tane. I did. My Derm. said most people get these, but it subsides. Mine felt like someone was hitting me hard on the back of my head... I'm in month 2 now, headaches gone, but I get occassional backaches, tired easily though I try to work out more to combat, and constipation at times. My face is looking good though!

Hang in there your headaches should subside soon. You will love Tane in no time!

Yvette

Hi ya,

Yes, you may get headaches the first week or so starting Tane. I did. My Derm. said most people get these, but it subsides. Mine felt like someone was hitting me hard on the back of my head... I'm in month 2 now, headaches gone, but I get occassional backaches, tired easily though I try to work out more to combat, and constipation at times. My face is looking good though!

Hang in there your headaches should subside soon. You will love Tane in no time!

Yvette

Thanks for the response! I hope they go away soon, I am worried about the increases brain pressure side effect I read about, but if headache is normal at the beginning Ill try not to worry to much.