Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Erika11

Alove Vera

I recently bought some Aloe Vera gel (99%). I've heard this can aid the healing process of getting rid of acne scars. Is this true? I've been using it for a week and haven't seen anything new, but I figure it takes awhile. I'm still applying ACV to my face which has helped a bit. But will I ever see results with Aloe Vera gel? Has anyone here tried it??

aloe vera helps to moisturize your skin.. not fade red marks..

I know it moisturizes skin, but I've been told it helps heal it as well. That would make sense since aloe vera has been used as a healing agent for many things.

anyone else know???

Thats not true. Aloe Vera moisturizes, heals, fades red marks, and even helps fight acne since it has anti-inflammatory properties. It has anti-microbial effects too.

Erika11,

Aloe Vera is awesome at fading red marks. I've been using it twice a day for about two months now and my red marks are almost ALL faded!!! I use Fruit of the Earth 100% Aloe Vera Gel. This is the best one since it doesnt have alcohol in it. Its also fragrance free and no color added.

I highly recommend it. Its the best product i've used on my face...and I've used A LOT of products! Its cheap too :)

Thats not true. Aloe Vera moisturizes, heals, fades red marks, and even helps fight acne since it has anti-inflammatory properties. It has anti-microbial effects too.

Erika11,

Aloe Vera is awesome at fading red marks. I've been using it twice a day for about two months now and my red marks are almost ALL faded!!! I use Fruit of the Earth 100% Aloe Vera Gel. This is the best one since it doesnt have alcohol in it. Its also fragrance free and no color added.

I highly recommend it. Its the best product i've used on my face...and I've used A LOT of products! Its cheap too :)

Thanks! I just want to know that I'm using the right stuff for my skin. :) The brand of Aloe Vera gel that I'm using is called Lily of the Desert. It has no artifical colors and it contains 99% all organic ingredients. So, it sounds promising. I guess I just need to be patient and keep with it. :D

Used it for many months, both AM and PM only. It may have "healing properties" which is good for things like sunburns, but it'll hardly do a thing for your redmarks.

You're better of exfoliating.