Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lollerblade

Redness, Flaking (After Losing Eucerin)

Hey guys, I've been on the regimen for almost 2 years now. It all was working fine until a couple months ago when I ran out of my stockpile of Eucerin and switched to Lac Hydrin 5. Since then the area around my face is noticeably redder than the rest of my face and my neck. On top of this I'm getting a lot of flakes and am having to add more moisturizer around every 5 hours. What's going wrong? Does anyone recommend any changes to what I'm doing? Any different or new products?

Luckily I still have a stockpile of Eucerin, but I can tell you what worked for me before. Mix Neutrogena HSFL with Cetaphil in the mornings to exfoliate and keep flakes away, and then at night just use Cetaphil. Cetaphil takes care of the moisturizing, Neutrogena takes care of the exfoliating.

Luckily I still have a stockpile of Eucerin, but I can tell you what worked for me before. Mix Neutrogena HSFL with Cetaphil in the mornings to exfoliate and keep flakes away, and then at night just use Cetaphil. Cetaphil takes care of the moisturizing, Neutrogena takes care of the exfoliating.

I agree with this. Dan recommends using Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion at night and Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion during the day.

The Lac-Hydrin Five has more lactic acid in it than the old Eucerin Skin Renewal had, so it may be too strong for your skin. You could consider using it once a day and use the Cetaphil at night (rather than using NHSFL during the day) if you want.

Alright guys, I recently got Dan's moisturizer, and it seems to be working pretty well so far. The only problem seems to be that my face still stays pretty red, even though it doesn't seem to hurt. Any ideas on how to fix this? I recently took the BP dosage down a bit, but that didn't seem to help. Could it be I'm just getting used to the new lotion? Also, what are supposed to be the benefits of Neutrogena HSFL? I hear people are still using it with dan's moisturizer either at night or during the day, when I used it with Cetaphil in the morning, it hurt a bit and I think caused some redness.

Alright guys, I recently got Dan's moisturizer, and it seems to be working pretty well so far. The only problem seems to be that my face still stays pretty red, even though it doesn't seem to hurt. Any ideas on how to fix this? I recently took the BP dosage down a bit, but that didn't seem to help. Could it be I'm just getting used to the new lotion? Also, what are supposed to be the benefits of Neutrogena HSFL? I hear people are still using it with dan's moisturizer either at night or during the day, when I used it with Cetaphil in the morning, it hurt a bit and I think caused some redness.

The benefits of NHSFL are exfoliation due to the glycolic acid in it, and it also has spf. So, if you are flaky and want something with spf during the day, this may be a good choice. But, it is pretty strong, and if you are already experiencing redness, this may make it worse. You could alternate moisturizers to suit your skin. Here are ideas for redness.

http://www.acne.org/faq.html#help

cetaphil cream @ bedtime = no more flakes

That might be a good option. I'ved used this cream before and a little goes a long way. It may be just what you need for unrelenting dryness.

So to kill the redness I should restart completely, even though I've been on the regimen for 2 years? BTW, I haven't been completely clear in something like 5 months.