Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Barking Dog

Plastic Surgery

I have a red mark on my face that has been there forever. It is about the size of a dime. Would plastic surgery completely clear that mark, or would it not help at all?

I have a red mark on my face that has been there forever. It is about the size of a dime. Would plastic surgery completely clear that mark, or would it not help at all?

You could ask a dermatologist/plastic surgeon. Best bet would be to see an esthetician for a series of low strength glycolic peels and see if that has any impact on softening the scars. Far cheaper than going to a derm/PS. Make sure the esthetician you choose is experienced with acne-prone skin and has done several of these peels before. Make sure you understand the pre-peel procedures (and there should be some, depending on the strength of the peel), and the aftercare instructions.

The other option is trying a retinoid cream, prescription strength or over the counter (Green Cream) for 6 months and that may actually also soften the pigmentation of the scar.

If you are Asian or darker skinned, the retinoid would be the safest choice. If you do go either route, be sure to wear sunscreen.

I guess what I'm trying to figure out is, Can Plastic Surgery fix any mark on my skin. In my case I got my mark from Tazarac, and peeling skin. Can plastic surgery fix my mark, I don't have much time to do these treatments, I only have a couple months till college, and I would do anything for this mark to go away. But I really want to know if Plastic Surgery can fix any mark?