Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm on my fourth day of using differin and benzaclin. The dermatologist suggested cleansing with a 10% glycolic acid wash in the morning and evening, applying the differin at night, and applying the benzaclin in the morning. It seems to be working, but the benzaclin makes my skin burn terribly and turn very red. I think my skin looks better before I put the benzaclin on in the morning. I was thinking about using the benzaclin only every few days instead of everyday. Has anyone had this experience? Should I stick it out and wait for my skin to get used to the benzaclin or cut back the use? Thanks!

I'm on my fourth day of using differin and benzaclin. The dermatologist suggested cleansing with a 10% glycolic acid wash in the morning and evening, applying the differin at night, and applying the benzaclin in the morning. It seems to be working, but the benzaclin makes my skin burn terribly and turn very red. I think my skin looks better before I put the benzaclin on in the morning. I was thinking about using the benzaclin only every few days instead of everyday. Has anyone had this experience? Should I stick it out and wait for my skin to get used to the benzaclin or cut back the use? Thanks!

Yea I had the exact same experience when I first started I was on Benzaclin in the morning like you and Tretanoin at night (I'm not sure the difference between Tretanoin and differin but i know they are similar). But yea my skin did burn for about the first two weeks and I called the derm and they said alternate everynight for a week or two so I did and I eventually was able to work up to the recommended use and the truth is that it has worked but its left the annoying flat red marks that take a while to dissapear but yea thats just my experience with it, which is pretty similar to yours.