Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Miserable

Woman's Skin Falls Off, Miraculously Survives

pls Read this article folks: http://www.thesandiegochannel.com/health/2...809/detail.html

Doctors mention using artificial skin to save her, here a partial quote

"Doctors covered Yeargain's entire body with an artificial skin called transcyte and gave her medications to stop the internal bleeding. "

"We were able, over a 48-hour period, to cover her whole body with an artificial skin replacement that allowed this to start healing rapidly. Within about a week her skin was back," Lozano said. "

I am wondering if artificial skin could be transplanted or used in some way to treat ACNE Scars.

Can the scarred skin be removed and the artificial skin put in its place?

There is a book by Ionnis V. Yannas called "Tissue and Organ Regeneration in Adults." Professor Yannas was one of the doctors who discovered Integra-the artificial skin. In my reading of how Integra works it is essentially a ladder or matrix which leads the dermal cells to rebuild in the correct way. The new dermis is however without appendages such as pores and hair. Integra is usually used for burn treatment. I don't see why this couldn't be part of the acne scar reconstruction process.

Anna

like yawn .. i met a guy once whose head fell off running in the ny marathon. drs attached it ok but he lost 2" . **hehe not THOSE 2" ,,,

why is there such a total obsession w/ doin nething 2 remove scars?

just find love ++ i got married in April 2 a total french babe Solange;

we met at a party 5 mos b4 we got hitched. i got six(6) shallow scars on

my left cheek & SoL loves them but i started this scar-removal b4 i met

her so i'm going 2 finish it but liten up ''''' guys ... find ur fun & gals just

say yes. i dont give great advice but my soulMate Sol says .... I'm hot.

so, live it up, hide them scars, & act like ur #1 hot *edited this part because of its offensive nature - Tamara*. djc

The new dermis is however without appendages such as pores and hair.  Anna

I could live without pores and hair on my face....... biggrin.gif

No pores or hairs (like it's a bad thing) - what was I thinking????? Sign me up!! biggrin.gif/

No pores or hairs (like it's a bad thing) - what was I thinking?????  Sign me up!! biggrin.gif/

Me too. Wish I hAd no hair in some places but i certantly would not want to be hairless. I like a beard sometimes. My skin is best with little or no breakouts when i have a beard. Being a guy, i would feel weird and uncomfortable if i couldn't grow any hair. biggrin.gif/ biggrin.gif/