Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bluray

Bactrim is working!!

I've been on bactrim since the 1st of the month. Its working really nicely, i have no active acne on my face at all. Every few days if I get stressed, really nervous or get little sleep I'll wake up with a small one (thats the cause for my acne I'm sure) but a day or 2 later and its gone and the red mark is already fading. I reckon that in about 2 months I'll be fully clear.

Been taking 2 bactrim pills twice daily and using BP 5% at night, washing my face twice a day with Clearasil.

If you're like me and have seriously persistent mild acne and you're too scared to try Accutane, give this a try. Although I'm still sure I should have just gone the Accutane route 2 years ago. I've tried Differen, BP 5% and Tetralysal before and the Tetralysal just didn't cure it (helped but didn't cure it). Seems I need bactrim as its a much stronger drug.

I have a query though, what can I do about red marks? I still have fairly large marks from previous whiteheads. They're a purplish faded colour (not red like when its active). How do I get rid of them without causing a breakout or looking red? Any lotions, creams or treatments?

hi can you get bactrim in europe im on minocycline now ive heard that bactrim is the best though is it only in america??

I'm not sure as I'm not from Europe. Its a regular antibiotic used to treat bladder infections and the sort, not only acne so I don't see why it shouldn't be available in Europe.

As for me, I've come to the realisation that my acne isn't actually going away that quickly. I get very little new active acne but it seems that the old purplish marks don't seem to be going away. Maybe they're just scars but it seems like they're still slightly active somehow. Maybe time is key here.

hi can you get bactrim in europe im on minocycline now ive heard that bactrim is the best though is it only in america??

The redmarks will fade away with time. Be gentle with your skin and avoid excessive sun exposure as that will impede fading of the redmarks. Look in the red marks forum and you'll find many suggestions for improving redmarks.

Congratulations on improving with the Bactrim.

Anyone who wants to try this needs to be under a doctor's supervision as this is a sulfa medication. More people are allergic (severely allergic) to sulfa meds than to almost any other medication out there. Get medical advice before you try Bactrim.

This just isn't working. About a month and a half in with Bactrim now, reduced my dose as prescribed and my face is a mess again. This is the problem with antibiotics, just a cure of the symptom.

I'm quite prepared to go on accutane now, I should have gone on it 2 years ago :(. But my acne isnt really thaaat bad (moderate).