Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anyone use a Flocked Sponge to apply liquid or mineral foundation? I've read about it but I never thought I'd want to use one with my mineral makeup, but someone told me I'd really like the coverage and talked me into trying it and OMG! the most amazing coverage and smoothness. I have large pores on my nose and the sponge completely fills them in and blends the makeup and my skin looks so smooth - flawless, which is NOT something you can ever say about my nose!!! I never thought anything would be better than my kabuki brush, but I'm in love with this little piece of sponge! They're so cheap too ($2.75-$4.95) depending on where you get them. I still use my kabuki to go over the foundation one final swipe and then apply my finishing silk, but I LOVE this sponge. Who knew?!!

I know right? I got mine from Everyday Minerals, and when I purchased it, I thought to myself that since it was so cheap it would be a waste of money. I get great coverage everytime I use it!!

Anyone use a Flocked Sponge to apply liquid or mineral foundation? I've read about it but I never thought I'd want to use one with my mineral makeup, but someone told me I'd really like the coverage and talked me into trying it and OMG! the most amazing coverage and smoothness. I have large pores on my nose and the sponge completely fills them in and blends the makeup and my skin looks so smooth - flawless, which is NOT something you can ever say about my nose!!! I never thought anything would be better than my kabuki brush, but I'm in love with this little piece of sponge! They're so cheap too ($2.75-$4.95) depending on where you get them. I still use my kabuki to go over the foundation one final swipe and then apply my finishing silk, but I LOVE this sponge. Who knew?!!

Here's the one I am using. I love it. I tried to find one in a beauty supply store and they had never heard of it (Sally's) and I saw one in a makeup boutique, but I have to say that the one I got online was cheaper and better quality. I'm going to buy at least one more, but the website says that with routine cleaning it should last for years.

http://www.aubreynicole.com/store/product....=272&page=1

Here's the one I am using. I love it. I tried to find one in a beauty supply store and they had never heard of it (Sally's) and I saw one in a makeup boutique, but I have to say that the one I got online was cheaper and better quality. I'm going to buy at least one more, but the website says that with routine cleaning it should last for years.

http://www.aubreynicole.com/store/product....=272&page=1

I am actually pleasantly surprised with the coverage I got from this sponge. I never expected it. I just got through working outside and sweating my butt off and my makeup still looks really good! The thing I'm most impressed with though is that is smoothed out the pores on my nose, which I'm loving. I have large pores there and this is the first time I can remember my makeup making them virtually unnoticeable without using a primer/spackle first. I still love my kabuki but I think I'm always going to use the sponge to apply makeup to my nose and cheeks and then follow-up with the kabuki - the sponge, strangely applies it smoothly and a heavier coverage that still looks natural.

I love the flocked sponge! So soft and smooth when applied to my skin and wonderful coverage too. I got mine from EDM <3

You could always get the ones at Walgreens and test them out - not a bad price, but the quality looks pretty cheap compared to the one that I got from AN. The one I have is a lot larger and looks like it's made to last for years with cleaning and care. Those look cheap, but may give you an idea of what kind of coverage to expect...might be worth trying them out.

I didn't even know what a flocked sponge was. I saw some in the store and I was tempted to buy one, and now I just might have to give it a try. Thanks for the review!

So how exactly do you use it? On the AN website it says that after you put on your foundation, you spray a little water on your face and and blend with the sponge.

So how exactly do you use it? On the AN website it says that after you put on your foundation, you spray a little water on your face and and blend with the sponge.

I think might be switching back to applying my foundation with kabuki first and then just smooth it out further with the flocked sponge. I dunno why but when I use the flocked sponge to apply the foundation, the color would stay at that one spot where I would first apply, so the coloring isnt even....no matter how much I buff =(

Grocerygirl,

Can you describe more about how you use the flocked sponge? I haven't used mine for anything but blending. Do you put the powder or liquid right on the sponge or what?

I've only been using the sponge for a few days, so if anyone has better suggestions, then I'm open to them, but loving the way it's working now. I dip the corner of the sponge in my (dry) foundation and blend and buff it on my nose and cheeks (over my large pores) and then apply the same way to the rest of my face. It goes on really smooth and is a heaver coverage than the kabuki. I have the AN flocked sponge so I can only speak for using that one. I saw the ones today in Walgreen and they are not the same consistency or material, so don't know how they will work. The AN one is white, large and very soft (fuzzy, flannel thick, spongy material!) I then follow up with my kabuki to buff it all together and use my kabuki to apply my finishing powder. I go over my nose, cheeks and chin with the sponge to blend it in and smooth out my pores. It looks really flawless after that. Then apply my blush, etc. Someone suggested spraying the sponge with water but haven't tried that yet. I can really see a difference in my pores using it this way.