Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
eminem1023

tanning on accutane

mmmk well im on tane for almost 2 months and i love going outsidee but the thing is i dont wear barely ne moisterizer at all because i only wash my face with water so it doesnt get too dry so my question is if im going in the sun am i gunna be able to get ne kind of tan at all? i never burn really cuz i have sum mexican in me and my moms like straight brown but neways i went in the sun mowing my lawn and burned my stomach a lil but not my face, i was just wandering is it either burn or no burn? is there an in bewtween tan or no? please lmk thanksss guys o and im worried that putting on a spf will make tanning impossible so i dunno

Uhm I wouldn't recommend it.

If you must, wear an SPF. It doesn't stop you from tanning at all. I have asian skin and I wear at least SPF 15 every day… and SPF 30 when I'm on the beach and I always tan.

But really, I don't think you should go out of your way to get a suntan while on accutane.

You should be wearing an SPF, especially if you plan on getting a tan. You can still get a tan w/ sunscreen on. I'm surprised you didn't get burned on your face when you were mowing the grass because I've heard stories of people just walking outside for ten minutes and getting burned! Also, why aren't you using a moisturizer...your skin isn't dry??

nah its not dry cuz i only wash with water because i heard washing ur face with stuff can kill all bacteria and what not and ur skin wont be able to handle acne on its on so ur skin defense will go down, but ive been washing with only water for about 2 weeks and it works pretty good, less pimples for me and im not dry except for around my nose cuz ive been blowing my nose a hundred times a day cuz im sickk

nah its not dry cuz i only wash with water because i heard washing ur face with stuff can kill all bacteria and what not and ur skin wont be able to handle acne on its on so ur skin defense will go down, but ive been washing with only water for about 2 weeks and it works pretty good, less pimples for me and im not dry except for around my nose cuz ive been blowing my nose a hundred times a day cuz im sickk

Well, washing your face with only water while on Accutane isn't all that bad of an idea. I still think cleansing with a gentle cleanser is better than water (at least for me). Once you're off Accutane, your oil production will pick back up and you'll likely need a gentle cleanser at least.

Sun exposure without SPF protection WILL cause photodamage. Your skin is more sensitive from the Accutane. If your facial skin did not even show any tanning, that's not good at all. Your skin didn't even try to defend itself by tanning. Wear SPF! Tanning is a sign of sun damage, and that the skin is trying to defend itself from the radiation. You don't want wrinkles when you're older. Most signs of aging are related to photodamage alone....so wrinkles, dark spots, uneven skin tone, orange peel texture to the skin, all that could be avoided with meticulous use of sunscreen. And avoiding excessive sun exposure.

Tiny bits of sun exposure daily ARE good for you, say 15 minutes a day. Your body synthesizes its vitamin D that way, your eyes enjoy the light and tell your brain it's daylight, and it helps enforce a normal circadian rhythm on your body.

yeah i tanned yestrday and my body got kinda tan but my friend said my face still looked white so i guess thats not good so i tanned again today before i read ur post and am waiting a lil bit to see if it shows up but neways one of tretinoin uses are to treat photodamaged skin so it seems it wuld even out if i get ne photodamage because accuane wuld just fixed it, the only reason i tan neways is to even out the red marks....

there was a few days on my course where i was out in the sun (when it was pretty hot) for hours, without any sunscreen, and i was fine. well the one time i burnt a tiny tiny bit on my arm, was barely even noticable.