Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nic1986

changing from dianette to yasmin

hi just wondering if anyone has any experiences of changing from dianette to yasmin? i've been on dianette for around 2 years and it has cleared my acne up but i need to change because dianette can be unsafe for long term use. has changing from dianette to yasmin made anyones acne become worse? i also had other side effects with diannete, my breasts grew by a couple of cup sizes and im hoping they wont grow again on yasmin, anyone any experiences of this? would be grateful for anyones feedback, worried that i could end up worse off than before thanks :)

Hi nic1986,

I was on Dianette and it totally cleared my skin (along with Clyndamicin). I too came off it because the doc said it was not suitable for long term use. As soon as I did that within 2 months my acne was back in full effect, never had it so bad.

Not trying to scare you just letting you know. i am now back on Dianette for birth control and accutane because this is my last resort.

Good Luck with Yasmin if you decide to take it.

Sam

thanks, im hoping i wont have to go back to dianette but will have to see how it goes, fingers crossed... anyone else any experience of this?

Hi! I switched from Diane35 (Canada's dianette), to Yasmin this fall and I have experienced increased breakouts since. While on diane my skin was always fairly clear and if i broke out it would only be a few small pimples. However since switching to Yasmin I have consistently had breakouts on my chin consisting of at least 1 deep, painful zit at a time and a few smaller ones, and in addition my skin has become oilier. Luckily I have found this site and the dkr has laregly cleared up this problem for me! Although I had problems with this switch, this does not mean you will! A friend of mine switched from diane to yasmine recently wiht no problems at all! Good luck with the switch!

I was on diane 35 for 3 years and it really kept my skin clear. My ob/gyn told me 2 years ago that it would be better to start using yasmin instead. So I did. My skin stayed clear for about a year after that, but this last year I started breaking out again. I just started using spiro 5 days ago and I hope it will help. If I were you, I will stay with Diane.

well im only about a week into yasmin and already noticing more spots especially round the chin :( nothing too serious yet but hoping it doesnt keep getting worse :S

I'm doing the same switch - starting next month - and I'm absolutely terrified.

I got reeeally bad breakouts during the first 4 months of starting Dianette, so another change scares me so much. Gah, I sound so melodramatic, lol.

well i've nearly finished my first pack and im nearly all clear so fingers crossed, even though i know theres still time for it all to go wrong. I have noticed my skin has got oilier though. hope all goes well for you, good luck! :)

BUMP! (sorry) :P

I was on Diane35 (or Dianette) for couple of years and it pretty much cleared up my skin. This January I stopped with the pill, because I thought I didn't need it anymore. But then all hell broke loose. The acne came back. :( I would say I have moderate acne, more or less concentrated on my lower cheeks, chin and jawline.

My doctor prescribed me Yasminelle, claiming they're better and not as strong as Diane. I'm on Yasminelle for one month now and so far no results yet.

Am I being impatient or will Yasminelle do nothing for my skin? What if Diane35 was the only pill, strong enough to cope with my acne. Should I wait some more and stick with Yasminelle, or try to get back to Diane?

Sorry for the lame questions, but everytime I look at my skin in the mirror, it just makes me want to cry. :/

Help.

diane and spiro kept me clear but i came off spiro 3 months ago and diane isnt keeping me clear at all, i cant even leave the house again -_- i dont even wanna be on bc but way to scared to come off diane because of whats happening even right now just on diane. i thought it was keeping me clear but i guess only with spiro. if diane doesnt keep someone clear does that mean the problem is something else?.. i wanna kill hormones -_-