Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ok so i have mild to moderate acne. I think about it all the time. I look in the mirror all the time. I feel like i'm so obsessed with my skin. I won't go out the house without makeup. Im so self consious of my face. I hate interacting with other people becasue i feel like they are judging me because of my acne. I feel like I can't talk to anyone about it because none of my friends will understand. Iv'e tried talking to my mum lots of times but she just thinks i'm making a big deal out of it and basically tells me to just get on with it. She wouldn't understand anyway because she has perfectly clear skin. Iv'e had acne seven years and iv'e tried basically everything except accutane and my doctor doesn't seem to want to refer me to a dermatologist. I think its because my acne is not severe. I dont think he understands the psychological effect it has on me.

Sorry if this post is going on a bit but I just had to get it all of my chest.

zomg.

my mum's tha same, she sez i'm being a drama queen and ther are people worse off than me. The doctor just tells me its part of puberty n shit.. but i juss hate it lol.

my mom asked me awhile ago why i didn't have a g/f. i told her that i don't look good enough. she tried to make me feel better, but she has no idea of how depressed i am. she never had acne.

i wish my parents were more like that, last time i saw my momma she said wow you should really get that looked at by a doctor it looks like its infectious or something (i have a bunch of red marks) even though i was only there a week i heard it 20 times. When i asked if she would pay for a better insurance or pay for accutane she just said "uhhhhhhhhh maybe itll work itself out you kno whats 2 yrs worth of redmarks, nothing right"