Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
avironeur

Diacneal Information

I have been a longtime lurker and brief member of the .org but I wanted to mention that Diacneal from Avene has helped me to eliminate not just some but all of my closed comedones and has even succeeded in reducing that nasty oily sheen I have had on my face for months.

The advice from Lion Queen and Snow Queen and Brandy has been invaluable...I tried product after product without success and finally decided I would just follow what the forum mods and longtime members were saying and see what happens and low and behold, things have finally started working out...I have been able to avoid Accutane (as an MBA student I attend far too many happy hours here in Montréal where drinking isn't merely an activity but a city-wide hobby so my liver thanks me)

My current regimen has given me a lot of success and is the result of simply reading reviews and listening to the experts...the point of this long-winded thread isn't to support one product over another but rather to stress that a) being gentle with your skin b) listening to those on here who are trying to help you and c) being PATIENT and not switching products every time something new and interesting goes on sale WILL yield results.

When I move back to the States (hey, I love Canada but now that I have finished my MBA, my dual-citizenship calls me back to the land of $$$) I look forward to trying Green Cream but SLOWLY and not until I have done careful research...consistency is key people....thanks again for everyone's input because today is the first day in over 3 years where I am completely clear....for the summer that is quite the feat since the humidity usually takes its toll.

Congratulations on your clear skin! Doesn't it feel great that you've discovered what works for you, without going to a dermatologist and spending tons of money on other things...you've done it. :)

Congratulations on your clear skin! Doesn't it feel great that you've discovered what works for you, without going to a dermatologist and spending tons of money on other things...you've done it. :)

Or you go to a dermo, come home with a tube of something (in my case Differin) and end up worse off than you started! All it takes is research, careful shopping, and patience. Sometimes it's the simple products that in the end win out...nothing is accomplished in a day after all.