Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
incubus4284

MONEY MONEY MONEY (I wish insurance would cover all the stuff ive bought)

$$$  

13 members have voted

1. 1. How much have you spent on pills/oils/etc (excluding prescription med) the past year for your acne

• Less than 50
    • 50-100
    • 100-150
    • 150+
  2. 2. Did they help at all?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. If yes which ones (helped prevent acne not overall complexion/tone)

• Fish oil
    • Green tea leaves
    • Zinc
    • Pantothenic acid
    • Multivitamins
    • Emu oil
    • Witch Hazel/Tea Tree
    • Jojoba

Ive spent $50-100 I think. Ive bought two bottles of fish oil capsules, evoclin, birthcontrol pills times six, and money on cleansers which I didnt count as part of the money. Opps I just noticed I included prescriptions. I am the first one to vote on your poll and I failed. :closed:

lol joke its your poll, no reason to close it :wub:

i blow $25+ a week on fish oil pills alone

i also blow $20 a week on liquid chlorophyll

Oh man, the stuff I bought just to try... I have an entire drawer full of creams/pills/vitamins/minerals and a whole bunch of random crap that I will never put on my face again.

Oh man, the stuff I bought just to try... I have an entire drawer full of creams/pills/vitamins/minerals and a whole bunch of random crap that I will never put on my face again.

I totally know what you mean! The entire top of my fridge is covered in bottles! vitamins, minerals, various supplements, most of which I probably won't use again. What do people do with all those? I'm sure it happens all the time..do people just throw them away?

I've spent probably $3000 dollars, if not more, over a 12 year period. (or should I say my parents have patiently footed the bill...)

$200 on several regular dermatologist bills where they prescribed me acne medication which made me vomit every day for a year.

$200 on cheap vitamins (did nothing).

$700 on a naturopath who found I was allergic to wheat (that helped), put me on minerals and trace minerals (that helped A LOT) and lots of other stuff.

$500 in the last 12 years.... at least on costmetics that said they would STOP acne in it tracks. Creams, masks, gels, etc. None worked.

$500 on acupuncture which cured my acne COMPLETELY as long as I had one session every 2 weeks.

$900ish on Pantothenic Acid which worked PERFECTLY for two years until my body started craving more of it than I could afford (however, I found i had a mineral deficiency so my body was having a hard time absorbing anything).

And 1000's of hours of trying to find the cure to acne during the last 12 years....

It may LOOK like I"m rich, but I'm not. But you become desparate and start cranking out the $$$$ . Sometimes the infections are so bad that people ask "What happened to you?" And my mom became worried that I'd caught some skin disease. :P Anyway, I think my parents want me to have my flawless porceline skin again....

I'm starting to think that the medical industry KNOWS the reason of acne, but wont devote ANY time/money to it because we are all paying them billions of dollars for all the products they make and sell.

$25/WEEK? wow, how much fish oil do u take per day?

$25/WEEK? wow, how much fish oil do u take per day?

it might save me some money but then i have to deal with the whole issue of faster expiration

as for overdosing i don't eat nuts, seeds, cooking oils, eggs, fatty meat anymore yet i can still easily rack up 25+ grams of omega 6 per day because i have a 3000+ caloric intake

so trying to balance that with 10+ grams of EPA + DHA should only help me

i have gotten various cuts on my body (by accident of course) over the past few months and if anything they have healed more quickly with less bleeding and my skin is much more resilient and oil is almost non-existent now

having fluid joint movement is awesome for training too

and doctors are full of shit and wish nothing more than to have you ruin your health and run to them for their magic pills

300 for B5 / Pathethine

100 for random individual vitamins

100 for fish oil (happy about this)

100 for multivitamins (happy about this)

50 for green tea, primrose oil, echinea

it might save me some money but then i have to deal with the whole issue of faster expiration

as for overdosing i don't eat nuts, seeds, cooking oils, eggs, fatty meat anymore yet i can still easily rack up 25+ grams of omega 6 per day because i have a 3000+ caloric intake

so trying to balance that with 10+ grams of EPA + DHA should only help me

i have gotten various cuts on my body (by accident of course) over the past few months and if anything they have healed more quickly with less bleeding and my skin is much more resilient and oil is almost non-existent now

having fluid joint movement is awesome for training too

and doctors are full of shit and wish nothing more than to have you ruin your health and run to them for their magic pills

natural factors omega 3 factors

labelled as phamaceutical grade but that may just be a marketing tool

1000 mg total fish oil, 400 mg EPA, 200 mg DHA per pill

i've been taking them for 2-3 months and have no felt no indigestion or gas

they have a regular gelatin glycerin coating

and i agree that the human race is quite adept at destroying those aspects of nature that are most beneficial for us such as the destroyed ozone layer and the horrible pollution of all marine life

it would be nice if nature had way more ALA content in grains, veggies, fruits, etc.

natural factors omega 3 factors

labelled as phamaceutical grade but that may just be a marketing tool

1000 mg total fish oil, 400 mg EPA, 200 mg DHA per pill

i've been taking them for 2-3 months and have no felt no indigestion or gas

they have a regular gelatin glycerin coating

and i agree that the human race is quite adept at destroying those aspects of nature that are most beneficial for us such as the destroyed ozone layer and the horrible pollution of all marine life

it would be nice if nature had way more ALA content in grains, veggies, fruits, etc.

generic health food store in my city

they sell supplements, herbal supplements, organic grains, cosmetic products, etc.

if these are somehow rancid (which they are not) it would be a good joke because they cost a whopping $25 CD for 120 pills