Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ThatAznKid

ugh nothing is working!

ive posted several times on here... and have taken many suggestions, but it seems like nothing is working!

lately, my skin has been very oily.. for instance. if i wash my face(im using this dove foam cleanser), my face will get oily usually within that hour.. and when i apply mostorizer(im using aveeno spf 15 skin brightening and/or cetaphil) my face looks even greasier! are there any products that may help control my oilyness? also, my skin seems to be somewhat discolored too.. will using a toner help?

also, my acne (iget white heads/cysts and pimples, not really acne) has been acting up and i still have been breaking out on my jawline and neck area.... and my forehead, as shwon in the picture. also, i blotted an hour prior to taken this picture, and this shows how oily my face is.. [look at how yellow her skin is, my skin is just white from using too many chemicals. :(]

http://photos-080.ak.facebook.com/photos-a...927080_4200.jpg

Evoclin (prescription only) and bp will make your face less oily. In fact, it will make it very dry. Try not moisturizing. Your probably making it even greesier when you use it and it can lead to break outs

ive been reading up on the cleansing oil treatment.....and heard that it really helps with oilyness? any ideas on this?

and waht about omega 3 supplements?

I am not a fan of moisturizer because it can clogged pores and worsen the oilyness. I suggest you stop using moisturizer. My derm said that moisturizers should not be used with skin that is oily. Wished I had listen to her in the past because I ended up with clogged pores. Stop the moisturizer and see whether it improves the oilyness, I bet it will.

About oil cleansers. I highly recommend the Deep Cleansing Tea Tree Oil from DHC (forgot exact name, just check at the DHC website) I feel so clean after using it!

It can be slightly drying but I currently don't use anything strong afterwards and and I only apply the margarite zinc cream as spot treatment and moisturizer. If you're using anything stronger after your cleanser than I don't know...

People should always remember that using any kinds of topicals won't stop or even decrease your oily skin. Topicals will do nothing, NOTHING! Too much sebum production is an INTERNAL problem. You should only moisturize IF you have dry or irritated skin. Using a moisturizer to stop the oil production is an old myth!

Fish oil is a good start. Make sure you get a total of EPA & DHA of 2,500mg a day.

Realllly. I did not know that. I always thought you had to moistorize because it keeps the skin healthy, and stuff. Well, what about sun screen? I have to put that on everyday before I go outside, and still my face gets oily. But anyways, I didn't put any moistorizer before I left today and my oil production seems to still be the same.

How is cleansing oil for sensative/oily skin? For some reason, the idea of putting more oil on your face to stop producing more oil doesn't really make sense..

As for fish oil, would I take omega 3 supplements?

People should always remember that using any kinds of topicals won't stop or even decrease your oily skin. Topicals will do nothing, NOTHING! Too much sebum production is an INTERNAL problem. You should only moisturize IF you have dry or irritated skin. Using a moisturizer to stop the oil production is an old myth!

Fish oil is a good start. Make sure you get a total of EPA & DHA of 2,500mg a day.

Realllly. I did not know that. I always thought you had to moistorize because it keeps the skin healthy, and stuff. Well, what about sun screen? I have to put that on everyday before I go outside, and still my face gets oily. But anyways, I didn't put any moistorizer before I left today and my oil production seems to still be the same.

How is cleansing oil for sensative/oily skin? For some reason, the idea of putting more oil on your face to stop producing more oil doesn't really make sense..

As for fish oil, would I take omega 3 supplements?

seriously man you got to try apple cider vinegars my face used to be oily as hell now ever since drinking some ACV every day i get almost no oil and my acne has cleared immensity