Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
:dance: I needed to write in again for those who may not have seen my last entry. I have struggled with acne for years. It was after the birth of my second child that my acne became worse. I tried everything made. My husband said if this Obagi did not work, accept my acne and move on. Well, it worked!!!!!! I encourage anyone who has tried everything and still desires results to try this amazing product. I was unsure of the results I would get. My doctor who is also a plastic surgeon, recommended this line to me. After one week on the product I saw results. I opted to rid my skin of the dead cells with a chemical peel which helped to jump start the Obagi. I have been on the products for almost a month (1 MONTH) and am happy to report 100% clear skin!!!!! The product I use is Obagi Clenziderm MD. You can find good deals online at different websites or get them from a derm or plastic surgeons office. They un about 100.00 for the 3 step system but I have yet to use 1/3 of the bottle. The system should last about 4-6 months. It ends up cheaper than all the products I had been using. I do not have any connections with Obagi (I wish I did) I am just a normal 31 yr old former acne sufferer. I am a nurse and very pickey about the products I use. What have you got to lose????? Good luck to all!!!

congrats on finding a regime that works for you!

i have heard great things about obagi too, but i've always worried about the hydroquinone (sp?), and the dangers associated with using this...do you have any side effects from using Obagi?

Also i have read that obagi shouldnt be used in the long run?

From what I've read, aside from irritation, in rare instances it can cause exogenous ochronosis, or bluish-black pigmentation.

i have heard great things about obagi too, but i've always worried about the hydroquinone (sp?), and the dangers associated with using this...do you have any side effects from using Obagi?

The Obagi line for acne Clenzaderm MD does not have hydroquinone in it. My face is not dry. I do not have to use ANY other product. I have not heard of any one having side effects. I work with a plastic surgeon and a nurse who has specialized in facial treaments. They both have only wonderful things to say about this line. As far as causing discoloration, that is exactly what the nuderm line in Obagi works against. Feel free to ask any questions and I will find the answers for you. My plastic surgeon is well respected and I have total faith in his research!!! I am blessed not to have to use countless meds and treatments ,that do not work anyway, anymore.....you can too! Good luck!!

My derm has recommended this and I really want to try it. For the most part she has my acne cleared but now I am dealing with the red spots and mild scarring. Also, I have been wanting to deal with the fine lines around my eyes and on my forehead for some time now but have been to darned busy fighting the acne. I think I'll scrape together the $300 for the Obagi at my next visit.

My derm has recommended this and I really want to try it. For the most part she has my acne cleared but now I am dealing with the red spots and mild scarring. Also, I have been wanting to deal with the fine lines around my eyes and on my forehead for some time now but have been to darned busy fighting the acne. I think I'll scrape together the $300 for the Obagi at my next visit.

I used the Clenziderm and it made my breakouts worse. My skin burned, was red, horribly dry and my breakouts went from flesh colored bumps to beet red breakouts. This was more irritating than 10% bp. The 2.5% Neutrogena bp works best for me and is MUCH cheaper. Congrats on your success, but this is not a product that is a hands down winner for many. Many have had problems with this product and it is WAY too overpriced like all Obagi. Worst product I have used to date. Really hated this one.