Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
charles920

A different technique beyond physical

Hey guys, I have moderate acne and like everyone else I haven't found a product that has gotten the job done. I am currently using acnexus followed by the proactiv repairing lotion. I've only been trying this for a day or so, so no results yet. But, I realized another major thing I could do to give me hope that my skin will clear up. As a Christian, I found it gives me comfort and confidence to go to God in prayer over my face and ask Him to bless me in my efforts to clear my acne. In my mind, the prayer seals the deal because I know my faith in God's healing, will lead to rewards. I suggest that others try prayer as well to help fight this acne because it's obvious to me I can't beat acne on my own. I also know that without God I can do nothing, not just defeating acne, but anything else I am able to do comes from God's grace and blessing alone.

"This is the confidence we have approaching God: that if we ask anything according to His will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us-whatever we ask- we know that we have what we have asked of Him." 1 John 5:14-15

Please know that I do not mean to offend anyone of a different religion or viewpoint, this post is only to give others the knowledge of something that works for me and give them the opportunity to pray themselves and see how things work. This is only a suggestion. I am not trying to tell others what to believe. I'm just trying to help. As a group with a common goal I am praying for all acne sufferers to be healed.

I've prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed. Acne is still here after years of praying.

Nevertheless, I believe what I received in return from the deity was the strength and the means to find the tools to deal with the acne. In turn, it has made me a much stronger person.

why would you ask god for something we humans naturally have? try praying to god for people in poverty, diseases, or for no wars. something like acne is like asking for more money then you need or an extra arm to hold your drink.

Well, if praying lowers your stress levels, then perhaps this might help. Otherwise, I don't see divine intervention as a realistic skin clearning mechanism.

And this isn't really the appropriate forum for this topic, so I am moving it to the emo section.

I actually don't see it as selfish at all. You can ask God for anything even if it's money you want. (doesn't mean you'll get it) Gotta admit charles you got balls posting it in here it's simply asking for negative comments.

But praying alone won't be enough i'm afraid.

Well, if praying lowers your stress levels, then perhaps this might help. Otherwise, I don't see divine intervention as a realistic skin clearning mechanism.

And this isn't really the appropriate forum for this topic, so I am moving it to the emo section.

Since we're all on the topic of God I may as well tell others how to come to Him. After all, what good is it to pray if you do not truly know Him?

Scripture tells us that "all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23). We are all sinners and because of this we have severed our relationship with God and His intended purpose for our lives. This separation will lead to eternal death unless we are reconciled to God. "For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 6:23). Revelation 20:15 says "And if anyone's name is was not found in written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire" (Revelation 20:15). God doesn't want us to perish. He wants us to live according to His standards not according to our own selfish desires.

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8). John 3:16 says "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life". God loves ALL of us soo much that he gave His Son's life for ours. Christ payed the penalty for all our sins past, present, and future so that we would not have to. "Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him (Romans 5:9). Scripture tells us that we have been "justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus" (Romans 3:24).

The only way to salvation is through Jesus Christ and Him alone. Jesus says "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me" (John 14:6). Nothing you or I do is going to make a difference when your die and stand in front of the judgment seat of Christ. You can do all the good things you want here on earth, be the best person that you can be, give to charity, go to church, say you're a Christian, etc... but none of these will ever get you into the Kingdom of God. "For by grace you have been saved through FAITH; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of WORKS, so that no one may boast" (Ephesians 2:8-9). You must come to know the one true living Christ, "That if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved" (Romans 10:9). "Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved" (Romans 10:13). "Whoever believes in Him will not be disspapointed" (Romans 10:11). Jesus says "Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me" (Revelation 3:20). "I will give to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life without cost...and I will be his God and he will be My son" (Revelation 21:6-7). "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give your rest" (Matthew 11:28).

Scripture tells us of the eternal destiny of those who do not choose to follow Christ. "But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone" (Revelation 21:8).

As for believers, "Do not let your hearts be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me" says Jesus. "In my Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and recieve you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also. And you know the way where I am going" (John 14:1-4). "Therefore repent and return, so that your sins may be wiped away, in order that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord and that He may send Jesus, the Christ appointed for you" (Acts 3:19-20).

I don't know about you but I'm glad I know Christ as my own personal Lord and Savior of my life. I don't have to worry about what happens after I die because I know Christ will receive me into His kingdom. I don't have that fear that many unbelieving people have about what happens with life after death. I know that I am His and He is mine. I can only pray for those reading this that they to may come with repentant hearts, realize that they are sinners and lost without Christ directing their lives, know that nothing they do here on earth will ever get them into God's kingdom unless they confess to God that they are sinners, repent of their sins, ask God to forgive them, and believe that Christ died on the cross for their sins and rose again.

Many people come to Christ in times of trouble. They are on-and-off again Christians but not true believers in Christ. Some will come to Him because they need Him for something and then when they get what they want, they forget about God and revert to their old ways. Don't get me wrong God wants you to ask Him for help in anything in your life. What I am trying to say is that some people come to God for a selfish motive. They come to God to see what they can get out of Him for their own selfish desires rather than coming to Him for who He is, their Creator, and because they love Him. Many will ask for signs and miracles to see if there really is a God. As a favorite pastor of mine, Greg Laurie, puts it, talking of those who ask for miracles to see if God really does exist, "Essentially Jesus would say 'Believe and I will show you'".

Just know that nothing in your life can be too great or too traumatic for God to help you overcome. Jesus will always be there for you. He is there to share in your times of joy and also to comfort you in times of fear and sorrow. As Peter tells us, "cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you" (1Peter 5:7). Everything that happens in your life, God is in complete control of. Afterall, He made the universe, He can do things we can't even begin to comprehend. Matthew 10:30 says "the very hairs of your head are all numbered". So rejoice if you know Christ!

If anyone wants to PM me they can.

Hi charles. I am also a Christian and have found that God has really strengthed me in and through my experience with acne. I am so happy that you also can find peace within God!

As for praying for acne being selfish. I don't think it is at all. Yes, God is a universal ruler and He does have things like poverty, world hunger, and war to deal with, however he is also our father in heaven. He cares for us so deeply because we are his children, and he wants so badly to have a personal relationship with us. Part of the joy of having God is knowing that you can cast all you worry and anxiety upon Him whatever that may be. Including acne! If its important to us than its important to God.

Now of course theres the "Well if God cares so much why doesn't he just go poof and make all the acne dissapear of our faces?". Well I'm sure that people have many different answers to this question, but I like to think of it like this: My dad is awesome. He loves me and would do anything for me (I know this is not the case with everyone) but think of the person who loves you most in this world and would do anything for you. Now imagine that person had the power to rid of your acne forever. Unless there was a VERY good reason they would do it in an instant right? Well that person that loves you the most in this world doesnt even add up to a fraction of the amount that God loves you. So if God loves us so much and cares for us so deeply, then there must be a really good reason that I have acne right now. And that reason is going to vary for everyone.

Since coming to terms with my acne I've developed a greater sense of self-worth, I've found that my true identity is in Christ not guys or friends, I've gained a more optimistic view of life, I've become more patient, compassionate, and sympathetic towards people, and have in general just become a stronger person.

I am sorry if any part of this is taken as ignorant or mean as thats not how I intend it to come across, I'm just here to give my 2 cents.

i personally find strength in people i can hear, see and talk to - not a "higher form of life" that might/might not exists

Well I have prayed over my acne before. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. I have asked for good doctors and appropriate treatments that will help me. I think it's just like praying for yourself, or for someone else, to get well when they are sick. :)

i doubt there has been or will be a single case in the whole world where someone has prayed n woke up the next morning with clear skin, what does that tell you??

i doubt there has been or will be a single case in the whole world where someone has prayed n woke up the next morning with clear skin, what does that tell you??

Right.

It's more like - praying for a certain healing to overcome anxiety and stress and negative thinking. We're not asking God to zap away our pimples. We're asking Him to give us the strength to deal with our suffering.

i'm a christian

i pray every day about it

for like 10 years now

i don't think he cares about my acne at all

These are just some of the many miracles recorded in scripture. And the scripturs only tell of a fraction of what Jesus did in miracles.

How to disprove christianity/catholcism:

Allegedly,

1. God is all knowing
  2. God is all powerful
  3. God can go back and forth in time
  4. Basically, he can do everything

Oh, and lets not forget, hes all loving too.

If god is all knowing, the following proves he is sadistic OR not all knowing; when he said to adam and eve dont eat the fruit, he knew they were going to eat it. Why do it then?

Possible counter arguements you may have:

- It was a test - no, it wasnt otherwise he would not be all knowing, he shouldnt need to test

- He gave us free will - So? he is still all knowing right? free will has nothing to do with it

- He was proving a point - Then he is immoral.

- The bible got it wrong, but its still true - Not even worthy of a response

Remember one thing, throughout every negative event ever happened, a blink of his eye would solve EVERYTHING. If he were to exist, he is so twisted, evil and nasty that the bible crumples under the weight of evidence, as it claims he is all loving.

I still wonder, how can you interpet the noahs ark story as a tale of love and compassion like the guy who made evan almighty? He GENUINELY believes it means this, ignorance is a terrible thing.

i beleive everyone's faith is personal, and if it helps them to overcome obstacles they face, im all for it.

who is anyone to judge what another prays for? all of us are here, distressed about our acne so why not pray about it? following some of the "logic" here u should not even care about your acne, only aids and world hunger.

btw i am not sure i beleive in god or not, and im not going to spend time trying to prove or disprove god's existence to others.

that said, JAC, do you ever use your own ideas, or just quote someone else's? and did anyone actually read his entire posts or just skim thru them in irritation?

dont try and push your version of religion on me, if i want to read a bible i can go get 1 myself, thanks. :rolleyes:

These are just some of the many miracles recorded in scripture. And the scripturs only tell of a fraction of what Jesus did in miracles.