Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello,

My life had taken a wonderful turn of events since I first posted a previous thread about losing my job. Now my employer is keeping me! Yes, you read right; they are keeping me!

When they first decided to not renew my contract some people were up in arms. These people came to my defense realizing how much hard work I had put into the design of the website. Others had it out for me I guess.

After writing my letter protesting the non-renewal contact it was immediately rejected. I was sent a letter that my contract would NOT be renewed. Others came to my defense saying I should NOT be let go; that hey need me. Still the boss did not want to discuss it. I would not be hired.

So after experiencing all my emotions of anger and hurt I decided its best not to burn this bridge. I would stay on board and just give a hand shake and leave peacefully. I did not want to burn this bridge. It was too important. Besides, you never know what doors would open in the future with them.

I worked hard and with a good attitude. I let people know that I was not going to leave angry. So I let it be. I was about to make this my last week. Suddenly I got a call to the office.

Then the website went live. I got many rave reviews. I got a call to this office. They asked me if I got a job yet. I said not yet. They said there is a new job opening soon that suggested I apply for it. They would hire me and I would come back and work for them! They were going to re-hire me back! I said sure! But it gets better.

I am called a few days later. They talked to HR. They said it makes no sense for me to leave and come back. They said I should just stay on. This way I keep my sick days and it gets carried over to the new contract year!

I heard this has never happened before! My boss made a complete turn around. Not only did others come to my defense, but they saw the good work I did! They also saw that I kept a good attitude.

I am staying!

I am very glad to hear that! You haven't been around much lately, you should come visit us more often and share the good news!

I am very glad to hear that! You haven't been around much lately, you should come visit us more often and share the good news!

Thanks Elsewhere. I guess I've been "elsewhere." ;)

Your handle reminds me of the John Lennon verse in Mind games "Absolute Elsewhere in the stones of your mind..."

Yay! Congratulations! :) We're elated to hear the news for you. Obviously not as elated as you, to realize your worth to the company, and that they actually show it by extending your contract!