Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Addie

Everyday Minerals

Has anybody pretty pale tried these? With some cosmetics, their palest shade isn't light enough for me. On the website, the colors all look fairly dark, but colors never show up exactly right on most websites, anyway. And then, in the containers makeup usually looks darker, too . . .

I know I'll only actually know by ordering the sample kit, but I wanted to see if anybody has any complaints.

If I could test all the colors I wanted at once, from kinda the pictures and mostly the descriptions, I would get:

Neutral Fair

Neutral Multi-tasking

Cool Sandy Fair

Cool Fair

Cool Fair Medium

I think Cool Sandy Fair seems the closest.

(I'm between a pink and a brown undertone, maybe leaning towards pink. Kind of peachy. Thus, I'd need to test to see whether I'm neutral or cool.)

do not judge at all by those swatches there. they're really not much help. in reality, they're powders in general are a lot lighter than they seem. i ordered a samples kit a while back with a bunch of colors i thought were for light (not fair) skin, and they were all very very white. if you're pretty pale then you should have no problem with their stuff, IMO.

Okay, cool. Thanks.

What might suck now, though, is I showed my boyfriend those colors/descriptions, and he picked sandy fair as being closest to my skin tone, too. (I told him to focus more on the descriptions and not trust the colors.) We never agree on which color of makeup matches me, if we both picked the same one . . . maybe it'd be a really good match for me. (I think he lives in his own little fantasy world, wherein I have a tan.) Ah well, that's what the sample kit is for.

This buying makeup online thing makes me a bit nervous, if you can't tell.

I picked of course three foundations for their sample kit. I went by the descriptions and ended up finding my perfect match. I have pale skin with yellow undertones, so the light olive was my PERFECT match. The other ones I picked were golden medium (too dark) and erm, can't remember now, but it was too light. I guess I'm not as pale as I thought, but I sure am yellow. :P

Good luck! Go by the descriptions. I believe you said you had pinkish skin? You'll be looking in the cool and neutral rows for your perfect match, then.

w00t! i just ordered a second sample kit! this time around with "siesta" blush. :wub:

yeah, i hope it's not too red or dark. all the reviews i've read say that it's a light peach color in real life.

btw, makeupalley.com has a bunch of reviews for everyday minerals as well as other cosmetics, if you're interested. those reviews are what prompted me to order siesta. ;)

Turbosquab, if the samples of foundation dont match your skin tone when you try them, why not try there Multi-tasking CONCEALER (not foundation) i use this as my foundation, and provides great natural coverage which matches my skin tone.