Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Addie

So, about mineral makeup . . .

How well does mineral makeup stand up to sweat? Does it just run off? Could you run a 5k/work-out-in-general-for-an-hour in it?

I don't plan on trying that. It'd be just a little silly. But, just walking around, that's about how much I sweat compared to the average person. I could deal with a little less staying-power than that, since I don't walk around the entire day, but that would be my ultimate dream product.

If it weren't for the sweat thing, I'd be sold on mineral makeup.

If you guys think it stands up pretty well, I'll go get that free sample kit from Everyday Minerals. I really like their selection and most of you like them, so they seem like a good starting place. Unless, somebody knows of a specific brand that holds up to sweating better.

For me, everyday minerals did not hold up when I sweated. It melted, turned white and dripped down my face. I was sweating a lot though. Maybe under less extreme conditions it would be okay.

For me, everyday minerals did not hold up when I sweated. It melted, turned white and dripped down my face. I was sweating a lot though. Maybe under less extreme conditions it would be okay.

PUR minerals pressed base stood up AMAZINGLY well for me..i'm very oily and had gym 1st period back in school (and trust me i sweat alot) and it never budged. I also tested it out clubbing and i looked the same as when i went in at 8:45 at 2 in the morning <3

PUR minerals pressed base stood up AMAZINGLY well for me..i'm very oily and had gym 1st period back in school (and trust me i sweat alot) and it never budged. I also tested it out clubbing and i looked the same as when i went in at 8:45 at 2 in the morning <3

I usually just use a concealer on areas of concern to even out/normalize the complexion. However, on the rare occasions that I use full makeup, I also use Pur Minerals in the pressed format and I use their loose powder for highlighting/contouring. I find that as my skin gets some oil during the day, the Pur Minerals looks more natural and much less powdery than when I initially put it on in the morning. Under normal, daily conditions I find Pur Minerals to be quite long-wearing (just remember to buff it really well into the skin); however, I can't comment on working out with it as I've never done so.

Before applying the Pur Minerals, I apply a thin layer of Orchid Gel . It acts like a mattifying primer that somewhat keeps the skin looking less oily and may help the makeup last longer.

You could try adding in a primer prior to applying the mineral makeup. Since you're so sweaty and others with sweaty natures don't like Everday Minerals and found other products they like, you could happily try those. My wedding day makeup was mineral makeup and it lasted for 12 hours with a primer underneath it. It also did fill in some lines and help minimize pores. I must buy a primer someday. It was a HOT and windy day and we did some pictures outside at the beach. Those pictures turned out sooo beautiful. :)

If you're going to be in air conditioned comfort, you could order the sample kit from EM anyway. :)

I've mentioned it several times, but I'll say it again:

I've worn my Everyday Minerals MMU in 100 degree heat for 12 hours at a music festival in the desert & it held up very well; I was very impressed. I even wore sunblock underneath it, which I'm sure you know usually only adds to oiliness. I tend to have very oily skin & sweat a lot on my forehead & upper lip.

If it has streaked white for some people, I would guess that is how it mixes with their individual body chemistry....you know, "everyone is different" :D

i use a primer before i put on my minerals, which at this moment, is The Supernatural Airbrushed Canvas by philosophy. i went running yesterday with in on and it held up very well. i was surprised b/c i thought it would be dripping down my face.

i use a primer before i put on my minerals, which at this moment, is The Supernatural Airbrushed Canvas by philosophy. i went running yesterday with in on and it held up very well. i was surprised b/c i thought it would be dripping down my face.

Oh, I just posted about this on another thread. I worked outside all day today (96 degrees) and sweated my butt off and my mineral makeup (AN) held up perfectly! My old liquid makeup would have run off my face all the way down to my knees in this heat. I tried EM, but don't use it, but I would think that it would have the same staying power - my guess.

. . . and I should check out a primer. I've never used a primer before; can you "feel" it? That's the main thing that drives me nuts about makeup: If I know it's there, I feel dirty (itchy, greasy, etc; depending on brand). If I got one, would it go all the way up onto my eyelids? Or is that what an eye primer is for?