Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
User47728

Calcium in skin triggers cell turnover

http://www.bion-research.com/skin_&_calcium.htm

That link explains how it works in depth. Even though they are just trying to sell their product, I think it's still useful info. I think I'll get some calcium citrate powder tonight and put it on my face and see what happens. Anyone else know anything else about this, or tried something similar?

if they are advertising, they can say anything... i dont buy it

if it was the case, why wasnt it used before?

Maybe because so much emphasis has been put on reducing oil for acne that not as much has been put into cell turnover products. The last thing I need is less oil, my skin is flaky enough as it is. Anyways, the way they explain it is not in a sale pitch kind of way, other than to mention that their product has calcium in it. But they go into detail about how the skin uses calcium to trigger the chain of events that causes skin cell shedding or turnover. Usually if it's just sales BS, they talk about the exfoliating properties, whereas their article is more about the biological functions and interactions in the skin which I found interesting. Anyways, I'm not buying their product, I'll just try calcium citrate and see what happens.

Anyways, I'm not buying their product, I'll just try calcium citrate and see what happens.

What are you doing with the calcium citrate? Is it a topical or a pill.