Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vivi24

Ever LOST a bf/gf because of acne?

Sometimes I get mixed signals from people like they like me but they are ashamed to admit it so they say ''You know they speak behind your back'' and then compare me with others which gives me stress so I get more acne...

But anyways no my confidence is low and it's understandable I don't even know if I want to get married. I just want kids.

Well I usually don't get past the first date.... They say they like me but my acne just stops me from loving anyone bf/gf wise....

There are some people who want to get close to me, but when I see myself I just push them away and usually stop talking to them for a while... we do stay friends though which is nice.

Blah I don't need love!

I don't know some people like me but they usually move on in their lives and say that they don't have any exchange of me..I guess this acne thing have made me upsest with being clean and I'm always kind of shallow according to them and want to fix things since I h aven't been able to fix my skin...

But there's something about me that many people don't like....Many have said that I'm a freak...

Well not really lost a gf because of it but it sure didn't help.

I was trying to avoid going out or going places, saying I had other stuff to do when really I was staying home.

When your confidence and self esteem are low it's hard to be happy and it shows. And when a partner is not happy in his life, its kinda hard to make the other person happy about the relationship

I've never lost one due to acne. currently I feel like my insecurities are pushing my gf away right now. it really hurts to push someone you really care for away..

yes i definitely have. i was horrible to him and i don't even think he really noticed my skin. or if he did he never said anything. i was moody, never let him touch me...basically crazy. and he was still there for me.

i ended it because of a lot of things...but mainly because i couldn't understand how someone could care about me when i thought i looked bad. it's so hard for us to realize that other people don't see us the way we see ourselves. we obsess over everything about our skin, and in a lot of cases people don't even notice-at least for me because mine really isnt bad. but it makes me insecure anyways, and quiet, and distant.

my problem is now i am in the best, longest relationship of my life. when he met me i had my acne under control and it was a nonissue. for whatever reason...it came back. he was only here for 2 months before he left for california to do navy seal training. my skin wasnt perfect then and it didn't phase him...but it seems a little bit worse now. i am flying to cali to see him in less than 3 weeks...and i want to be so excited...i SHOULD be so excited...i haven't seen him in 4 months! and yet i am more nervous and scared than anything because i'm afraid he will see me and not love me anymore. how awful is that? that i think he's that shallow...he would be so angry at me if he knew thats what i thought he would do.

but there's so much PRESSURE on this trip. he has pictures of us where i look really good and he tells all his friends how pretty i am and blah blah blah...i know he likes me for more than that, but it is so hard. I feel like i won't meet his expectations.

my mom tries to tell me he's probably got his own insecurities...but i don't see how. he has perfect skin. he's beautiful. and I know it wouldn't matter to me if he skin wasn't perfect-i am in love with him. but HOW CAN I DO THIS? every day gets it closer and i get more and more freaked out. i have actually considered ways to get out of going-i am horrible.

i don't want to screw this up and i feel like i am...if i go out there and am insecure...it's over. i won't be myself. i am so self-destructive sometimes.

any advice?

Hey finallyfixingit!

I am sorry to hear that you're having some problems. I know exactly how you feel. I cant understand how my gf likes me so much. I feel worthless, and i probably act that way. If you are really concerned about your skin why dont you try something different with the rest of your body. Some new clothing.. maybe new makeup... or something like that. I know it doesn't fix the problem but it may take what's troubling you off your mind. I usually can always tell when my GF is having a bad day so dont think he wont see it. If your not feeling like its the best day of your life after him being gone 4 months how do you think he is going to feel? goodluck!

Hey finallyfixingit!

I am sorry to hear that you're having some problems. I know exactly how you feel. I cant understand how my gf likes me so much. I feel worthless, and i probably act that way. If you are really concerned about your skin why dont you try something different with the rest of your body. Some new clothing.. maybe new makeup... or something like that. I know it doesn't fix the problem but it may take what's troubling you off your mind. I usually can always tell when my GF is having a bad day so dont think he wont see it. If your not feeling like its the best day of your life after him being gone 4 months how do you think he is going to feel? goodluck!

Yes my acne used to be really bad 3 years ago and I isolated myself from everyone because of it and people saw me as a weirdo because of it. The most painful experience was on a bus and overhearing a conversation between a girl I had a crush on and some other people and they asked her if she would hug me for 100 euros, she had a hard time answering it.

Thank god I dont have any scarring now that its over with my skin is doing better.

Guest delta force operators

well i got some scars, well it was like this, wasnt confident enough around here so she made up in her mind that i wasnt man enough for her, I didnt believe i was man enough couse i have scars, so she left me,