Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vivi24

Ever LOST a bf/gf because of acne?

I was with a guy and I only wore makeup around him, so my skin looked flawless. But one day he saw me without my makeup on. To make a long story short, not soon afterwards he decided to call our relationship off. It HAD to be the acne, because up until that point everything was peachy keen. This guy was very beautiful and could have any girl he wanted. Obviously being with one who had acne was not in his favor.

So has anyone ever LOST a boyfriend or girlfriend because of acne?

Not lost but given up Yes...tho It was by my own doing. Wasnt the sole cause either so maybe this is a no. eek Im not sure how to look back at that so ill say maybe and sit on the fence for the rest of my life.

It happened like this for me:

acne --> insecure --> jealous/paranoid --> dumped

That sums it all up right there :angel:

It happened like this for me:

acne --> insecure --> jealous/paranoid --> dumped

That sums it all up right there :angel:

If you have acne, you should not consider a romantic relationship, unless you know you are willing to go through the trauma.

By that stance, you should not consider doing anything in life - even breathing - reguardless of acne, since life involves trauma.

Reading your posts should not be part of that trauma. Please Butler.

If you have acne, you should not consider a romantic relationship, unless you know you are willing to go through the trauma.

I was with a guy and I only wore makeup around him, so my skin looked flawless. But one day he saw me without my makeup on. To make a long story short, not soon afterwards he decided to call our relationship off. It HAD to be the acne, because up until that point everything was peachy keen. This guy was very beautiful and could have any girl he wanted. Obviously being with one who had acne was not in his favor.

I've driven men away because of my own insecurities, but I've never been rejected due to acne.

not lost but made me feel conscious even with her and in a way affected our relationship and then distance just took over.. i think im going to be alone all my life.. :unsure:

I'm married so mine is more like... acne --> insecure --> bizarre behavior --> distance.

It's funny because my husband has no clue that's why I don't want to do things sometimes. I have no idea how to say "I have a big zit and it's embarassing". Sadly, I'm 31 yrs old and I can't say that to the person who has promised to tolerate me til he can't stand anymore eusa_wall.gif

If hes gonna be like that, why would you want him?

^

Is it not obvious that she didn't know this in the first place? The guy was probably great up until that point, and only after did he change in personality.

I've never had a boyfriend there was a guy who like me when I was 14 but he wasn't my type he wasn't anyone's type..There have been some people liken me when my face was better...I've also lost a lot of friends cause they don't know how to handle me..it's for the best they weren't my type anyways...