Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sservi

Dry Skin and Acne Patches

I have been using Dan's regimen (Dan's face wash, jojoba oil, Dan's BP, and cetaphil lotion) for about 2 and a half weeks now. I use about a half of a finger at this point. My cheeks are completely clear and not dry at all. My chin (my problem area) still breaks out like crazy, but is also super dry, flaky, and gross. I am just wondering why it is that the area most prone to breakouts is also the most dry? Does anyone have any suggestions on how to work with this area?

Thanks!

dry skin is more prone to flaking. flakey dead skin that doesn't shed can clog your pores even by mixing with a little bit of oil.

it's important to moisturize/

yeah my cheeks are clear and stuff but i still get occasional breakouts right above my lips and my chin area... its weird

How are you using the jojoba oil?

I like using a generous amount of it (about 5 drops or so, maybe more accidentally) and then massaging it into my face for a while. It helps to loosen flakes. If you used too much jojoba oil, you can wipe off the flakes and blot off the excess oil before applying BP.

You haven't been on the regimen very long, so don't worry about your chin too much--if that area is your worst, it will probably take the longest to clear up, so just be patient. If you are using more BP there than the rest of your face on account of it being the worst, too, that would help explain the extra flaking.

I wash my face with Dan's wash. Pat dry. Then I use about 6 drops of jojoba oil all over my face and massage it in gently. Then I wait a few minutes, apply BP, wait 10 mins, apply cetaphil moisturizer. It is so weird because I apply the same amount of BP to my chin as everywhere else, yet it is way drier than any other part of my skin. What is worse is that I only break out there and continue to break out in addition to the dry skin! I don't know what to do!

Try using a couple extra drops of jojoba oil just on your chin area, and maybe extra moisturizer after you apply the BP all over. I think that if you hold the BP level constant for now but up the moisturizing, you'll be able to take care of the flakiness.