Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SaxyManny

what will happen if I stop minocycline after using it for a month??

yea, cuz I finish my minocycline prescription today and my first visit to the dermatologist is on July 16th....should I talk to my general physician for more minocycline or stop until my visit to the dermatologist??????

That isn't very long. Seems like the medication hasn't had long enough to do it's job for your acne. Also, if you don't use some kind of topical maintenance treatment after you stop the antibiotics, you can probably expect your acne to return in full force.

yea, cuz I finish my minocycline prescription today and my first visit to the dermatologist is on July 16th....should I talk to my general physician for more minocycline or stop until my visit to the dermatologist??????

I already told you that I use BP and Tretinoin

I already told you that I use BP and Tretinoin

Not everyone remembers everything about other people's regimens. :)

Anyway, the antibiotic most likely helped calm down the initial breakout from the retinoid cream/gel/liquid you're using. The BP is helping kill the bugs as well. Continue as you are and see how it works. You might not experience any more breakouts if you got the acne under control with the antibiotic.

i'd get a refill on the mino and try to continuously take it.

This is just an ignorant statement honestly. Antibiotics are not a good long-term solution, period. Unless you enjoy wrecking the balance of bacteria in your body, and creating bacterial resistance and super infections that can no longer be treated by antibiotics.