Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been obsessive-compulsively picking at my face for about two years. I can't stand having any bumps on my face, so I pick at them until they are flat, very red (sometimes bloody) round spots that I can cover up with makeup. I've recently realized that without the picking, I'd have great skin.

So I'm done with my face picking once and for all.

Does anyone know how to clear up the red scabby/bloody spots left from past picks?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know. :rolleyes:

I'm using cpserum (copper), & squalane to help heal. (I had the same issue)

Good luck!

Hi. I also have this problem and have had it for a long long time. I go through periods of picking badly and then not at all. When I leave my face alone, it does heal and my skin looks good. I'm dealing with the marks and stuff left from picking at the moment.

In my experience, just leaving my skin alone - not touching, picking and using gentle or no products at all, is the best thing to do.

I have tried all kinds of things on my face to get rid of the scabs and sores left after picking and it just makes things worse and takes longer for the skin to heal. My advice would be just to let the sores heal naturally by doing the bare minimum - wash gently morning and night with just water or a gentle facewash. don't rub, scrub or use a face cloth.

Hope that helps some. Good luck.

I'm using cpserum (copper), & squalane to help heal. (I had the same issue)

Good luck!

im trying to quit picking them also... but i agree.. it is like a complusion thing. the ones i do pick though... put neosporin on them right after... it makes them heal alot better... or this one cream called "akne-mycin"... a derm can prescribe it...