Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sparkledust

what glycolic peel sounds better

hey guys, i was thinking about getting one of them peels you do at home and i was just wondering what peel you thought sounded better as im not to sure....

theres this one from www.lookgr8.co.uk

the ingredients are: Deionised water, 30% glycolic acid, glycerin, isopropyl alcohol, hydroxyethyl cellulose, citric acid.

or this one from www.perfectskin.uk.com

Water, 30% Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Hydroxyethyl-cellulose, Panthenol, Allantoin, Tetrasodium, EDTA, Methylparaben.

thanks

hayley

x

ive only used a tca peel but lookin at the ingredients id go with the second one simply because of the alcohol in the first one. For a peel you usually only want to quickly wipe the area using alcohol to remove oil so the acid can penetrate better but having the alcohol just soak in the skin is just gonna keep the oil on your skin and itll dry it out too especially if you leave it on your skin for a few minutes

hey guys, i was thinking about getting one of them peels you do at home and i was just wondering what peel you thought sounded better as im not to sure....

theres this one from www.lookgr8.co.uk

the ingredients are: Deionised water, 30% glycolic acid, glycerin, isopropyl alcohol, hydroxyethyl cellulose, citric acid.

or this one from www.perfectskin.uk.com

Water, 30% Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Hydroxyethyl-cellulose, Panthenol, Allantoin, Tetrasodium, EDTA, Methylparaben.

thanks

hayley

x

The first one would degrease your skin what with the alcohol in it and might lead to irritation. The second one has some soothing ingredients added (glycerin and allantoin, panthenol) and might remain effective. So my final answer: I don't know which one is best for your skin! If you're not at all sensitive and don't mind peeling, the first one would be good. If you're sensitive and worried about irritation, the second one seems more gentle. Both have a pretty high percentage of glycolic (I use 10% glycolic daily as a toner), so both might be pretty effective as a superficial peel.

Also, make sure the pH is less than 4, otherwise there will be minimal exfoliative effect. If they won't tell you the pH, or can't guarantee the pH, don't buy from them. An effective and relatively gentle pH is 2.1 as seen in Platinum Skin Care's site. Lower than that, you'll definitely have an effective peel but perhaps too much. Higher than that but less than 4, you'll have a decent slight peel with good exfoliation. Higher than 4, you'll have a nice AHA moisturizer. :P With minimal exfoliation.

iv used lookgr8 for about a year and a half and there fantastic :)

if you want great products at stupidly low prices, then go with them :)