Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
maddy001

Madeline's roaccutane log

Day 48

Thanks Kellbells. I have decided to put up my pictures today. They were taken by my friend yesterday when we were out celebrating my birthday. I ate a lot of crap food but anyway my skin's still good not much changes and still taking 20mg of accutane everyday with dinner.

post-57386-1184775353_thumb.jpg

post-57386-1184775385_thumb.jpg

post-57386-1184775353_thumb.jpg

post-57386-1184775385_thumb.jpg

:dance::whistle::dance::whistle: HAPPY BIRTHDAY :dance::whistle::dance::whistle:

Hope you had a great day!

Your skin looks fantastic. It looks really clear and smooth you must be so happy.

Cant see any eye bags either! Just clear skin! ;)

Thanks Kellsbells. Have a great day too!

Day 58

So I went to see the dermatologist today and asked her a couple of things. I asked her whether I can continue to use Retin-A since I have a full tube at home and she said yes but ocassionally like 3 times a week only because I was hoping Retin-A can help get rid of my hyperpigmentation. Apparently dyeing my hair is also ok as long as I don't bleach so yeah I'm getting some highlights tomorrow!

I'm still feeling great, my skin's still good, haven't had a single zit yet and brown marks are still fading and with the help of Retin-A should clear better. The tea bags really do work on my eyebags so I will continue using them. My blood test last month also showed good results which means I can continue accutane YEAH!

Day 68

Stress sucks! Perhaps one of my worse days here after doing so well on accutane. No I'm not talking about having pimples but my eyebags are getting worse now and somehow my skin is dull colored.

Sorry but I find a need to vent my frustrations and this is the only place I can think off. I just went back to college this monday and a new system has been implemented. Apparently everyone now has to take 8 more electives not found within their bachelor's degree and I am having trouble finding any to fit into my timetable. Those that I liked are either clashing with my timetable, already taken or somehow seem to mysteriously don't allow me to take. I am SOOOO stress right now and it has taken a toll on my skin. I look like a dead fish.

Oh well end of vent, my apologies.

Day 77

Haven't been around here for sometime. Well college semester just started so I'm feeling kinda stress with school work. Anyway I'm still doing well, no acne and my red/ brown marks are almost all gone. I am sooo happy because I don't have to worry about my skin anymore. I only have some mild eyebags which I think are also getting better. Hopefully my skin stays like that forever. I will try and post up my pictures when I find the time.

Good luck everyone!

Wow... congratulations on the excellent results, good luck with the new semester, I start again in a week or so, and am freaking out, already missing stress free summer even though its not gone yet.

Thanks Cubsin2100 for your encourgement. You will do well in school as well.

Day 86

I passed my 3 month mark! Yeah and I am feeling so happy. I'm still doing well on accutane and all my marks have faded a lot. I don't think anyone can see them unless they are really close to my face or I am under very very bright light. As I said in someone's post earlier, I am reaping good benefits of accutane without side effects. Here's what I look like yesterday:

post-57386-1188117507_thumb.jpg

post-57386-1188117507_thumb.jpg

Guest AcneProne_1977
Thanks Cubsin2100 for your encourgement. You will do well in school as well.

Day 86

I passed my 3 month mark! Yeah and I am feeling so happy. I'm still doing well on accutane and all my marks have faded a lot. I don't think anyone can see them unless they are really close to my face or I am under very very bright light. As I said in someone's post earlier, I am reaping good benefits of accutane without side effects. Here's what I look like yesterday:

Madeline your looking fantastic!

Congrats :dance::dance:

Sorry to hear about all your stress.... Take care of yourself and good luck with your studies

Kel x

hey madeline .. u're from singapore also right.. may I know which doctor you are seeing ..having a breakout now.. too.. dunno whether to try accutane a not..

currently on doxy with retin A..

anyway congrats on ur speedy improvement.

Hey guys thanks for your support, I'm sorry for late replies because I wasn't really bothering about my log. Good luck!

Day 107

I'm still doing well on my course. The usual and yeah all my marks are gone so my skin is nice. I can't believe that I am already in my 3 and 1/2 month into taking accutane. Well I love my skin now and hope it lasts. Part of me do not want to stop taking accutane because I'm afraid if I stop, it will all come back. Here's how I look now.

post-57386-1189852312_thumb.jpg

post-57386-1189852312_thumb.jpg

O my days your skin is wonderful! Jeesus I hope I get results like this! hehe.

Seeing as how it worked THIS well I doubt that your acne will come back! Your red and brown marks seem to dissapear so bloody quick. What is your secret? I have sensitive skin so I dont want to be taking Retin A with Accutane.

Thanks Sazie.

Day 127

I'm still doing well and still clear, haven't had a single pimple in months and people are complimenting about my skin again which haven't happen since I broke out months ago. The side effects are not back except maybe I get dehydrated more easily so I'm like drinking about 12-15 glasses of water everyday! Here's how I look, not much difference as to previously on how I look.

post-57386-1191570536_thumb.jpg

post-57386-1191570536_thumb.jpg

Day 144

Hi its me again. I have not been posting here lately because I don't find the need to especially when there's not much changes in my skin. Ok I will go on again, I'm still as good as ever though I think my skin has become drier lately and part of the skin on my neck feels really dry but it hasn't flaked yet. I'm not sure whether its due to accutane, could be but it could be due to the weather as well as its rainy season now. My skin does dry out a little whenever the weather is cold. So other then that I'm still good. I think I reached the threshold of the number of pictures I can post on my thread so I won't do it anymore, but I will post it definetely if possible what I look like when I take my last pill. Ta da!

Hi madeline,

I enjoyed reading your blog cos yours is one of the rare positive ones that didn't scare me. I just started on very lose dose accutane (10mg a day) for my mild acne, and I was so afraid of the IB that so many people complained about here. I understand you didn't get any IB at all? My derm said I shouldn't either cos of the low dosage. So far, very mild side effects like dry lips and eyes. Thank God!

A quick question: how long have you been using retin A before you started on accutane?

Take care

Hi guys sorry I havent been bothering much about my log because I was trashing for my exams and I can't post anymore pictures here.

PinkTulip- Yes I didn't have any IB at all not till even now which is very lucky indeed and yes lower dosages tend to have lower chances of getting side effects. I started on Retin-A way before I took accutane. I started on Retin-A when i started having acne at the age of 14 so I actually been on Retin-A for about 5-6 years.

Deadbeat007- I have been doing great as usual, my skin is as nice as before and ya no side effects. But I have been wondering lately whether accutane has been affecting my concentration a little because I can't study as well as I use to. Not very sure, it may be related but may not be since my semester has been rather heavy.

Day 187

Lol, my exams finally ended and I can take a nice long break before I go back to university again. Accutane till now has been doing a good job of holding my skin together especially since I havent been taking good care of it because of the mugging and stuff. It has become a little dull coloured but the good thing is I'm still zit free! That is the most important. It has been a pretty long journey for me especially since I'm going to be on it for another 2 months in this 8 months course and no I'm not complaining because it has been a very enjoyable experience for me.

Day 218

My final month on accutane. Well as usual, still doing well status is still zit free. I did okay in my exams which is a good thing lol. Anyway I finally learnt how to use photobucket so i am uploading my current pics. This was taken yesterday after I straighten my hair. The hairdresser said my hair is pretty weak and thin at the moment and this is probably due to accutane.

http://s259.photobucket.com/albums/hh300/m...nt=Image267.jpg

http://s259.photobucket.com/albums/hh300/m...nt=Image265.jpg

http://s259.photobucket.com/albums/hh300/m...nt=Image266.jpg

when i think of accutane success i think of you. i am praying my course goes like yours. you are so so so lucky!!!

Totally agree! You look stunning and your skin is absolutely flawless! I hope your good results will last after you've finished your course.

I'm starting low-dose Roaccutane tomorrow. I hope my course will be as smooth as yours!

you mean....you took 20mg. everyday. and in 15 days. your acne clear up???

wow. thats amazing. and i didnt see your earlier picture. dont tell me.....you take accutane...although u have flawless and beautiful skin??

Im on diane-35 and accutane 20mg.