Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
maddy001

Madeline's roaccutane log

Hi there starting my log now even though its already day 20 for me on 20mg accutane. Previously I was lazy to start one but seeing that everyone has one and had lots of encouraging words from others made me tempted to do one so finally I decide to do it. I want encouraging words too! Hehe very thick-skinned of me. :wub:

Anyway since I start now I might as well tell you briefly since my first day on accutane. When I first started out accutane, there were about 14-20 bumps on my face, compliments from dianette that I previously took plus some clogged pores. I was like crap, I am leaving for my holiday in 7 days, no way can any drug can help my face in 7 days. Miraculously enough, when I left on the 7th of june, half of those zits on my face started clearing up and I no longer have any clogged pores or daily zit that I used to have. From then on, my face progressively got better and when I finally returned home, all my zits were gone by day 15. That was when I started believing that accutane might be the miracle drug I am searching for! :D. However it might be too early to tell. I still have 7 months more to go.

I did have side effects initially for the first week. The usual dry lips and dry skin. Somehow now on day 20, the side effects have also disappeared as well. I now currently have no side effects, almost perfect complexion with some brown fading marks that I am treating with hydroquinone. I never felt better since months. So......

DAY 20

Still acne free, brown fading marks that are getting better. Side effects doesn't seem to resurface. My mood is of course happy and hopes that it stays that way. Starting to get a little worried because this seems too good to be true. Afraid that I one day might wake up to an IB and everything bad starts coming. I will try and post weekly pictures in my gallery.

Hey Madeline,

i've actually been wondering where you were hiding your log because i saw you posting in Kiwis :D

Sounds amazing so far, you completely cleared up within two weeks and now you don't even have dry skin anymore? I'm jealous ;)

Have you seen any results from the Hydro-icantspellit yet? And how long have you been using it? I got myself some too a couple of days ago, wondering if it'll do any good.

Oh, day 13 (technically 14) on 60mg here by the way. =)

Good luck Madeline. I will check your log for your progress as i am hoping to go on Accutane when i go see my derm next. Sounds like you have had amazing progress and you may not get an IB. Some people don't :pray:

I hope things continue the way they are and thanks for checking out my log :) x

Nique- Thanks for dropping by to say hello. Don't worry by the end of our accutane course, we will both have the same kind of skin- acne clear skin and we will look good. I have been using hydroquinone 2% since weeks even before I started on accutane. It does help with brown marks but slowly. Those brown marks that are form weeks ago are still there but much lighter and smaller so it takes time. Good luck in using it.

xmiss behavex- Hopefully it will work out for you with dianette and duac. Then you don't have to get accutane. If I don't get IB, I will definetely be thrilled but I will see how it goes. Thanks!

Day 21

Still doing well but not as well as yesterday. 1 little pimple decide to grow on my right eyebrow haha. Other then that, not much changes. I realised that my face has become oiler. I woke up today to find my face all shiny. Don't know why is that. This is the first time since 20 days. Also I find myself being tired. I actually fell asleep on the sofa while drinking a glass of water! Wonder whether its got to do with accutane or I am just plain tired. Anyway, hopefully these minor stuff don't signify I am going to have an IB. My current mood is still relieved of course. Just add in something that hasn't got anything to do with acne. Singapore has been hit by dengue epidemic. 2 in my neighbourhood died from dengue fever, so it does left me quite scared that I will get bitten as well. Well singapore now has gone from a clean and green city to a cleaner city in hope to rid dengue.

heyy again madeline, thanks for dropping by again =)

it made me laugh when you said you fell asleep whilst drinking a glass of water haha, ive only been on it 3 days and im also very tired, whether its the 'tane or just tiredness in general ive no idea.

anyway it looks like you have a solid regimen which is always good, keep going and i wish you the best of luck!

- Liam

Hi Liam, thanks for dropping by and saying hello. Really meant a lot to me.

Day 22

YawwwN. I am getting more and more tired. I actually slept more then 10 hours since last night! More then the usual 8 hours I have been sleeping and it doesn't seem to be enough, I still feel lethargic. Hopefully it goes away before I return to my hospital attachment, otherwise I will be sleeping in the labs. That little pimple on my right eyebrow went down today. I am still clear though except for the brown marks, they seem to take forever to disappear! My face also seems to be getting oily again maybe that's why the dry side effects also vanished.

Hey! I think youre days might be a little messed up ha, I got a little confused =) Good to hear things are still going so well, hopefully they stay that way!

Yeah I got my days messed up thanks for pointing that out kiwi and thanks for the encouragement.

Day 23

Things are going slightly downhill for me, I woke up with eyebags or panda eyes, whatever you want to call them and I slept 10 hours! Okay the dry lips are coming back. They cracked and when I peel them, it started bleeding so I stopped. The only assurance I had was that I have no pimples and someone at the church commented how good my skin look( I had makeup on) today so that's a plus. I ate a lot of junk food today, sushi and fastfood because I was out rollerblading with my friends in the evening. Left me pretty exhausted. Hopefully no acne will come out.

Hey Madeline,

is your face still oily now or was it just a fluke? I get the tired feeling too, but at least not every day...

Against the "Panda eyes" (damn that is so much cuter than eyebags)...try drinking even more, thats usually what causes them. Oh and you could try putting lukewarm used camilla tea bags on your eyes, that's supposed to help.

Go girl!

Hi Madeline

Thanks for the message on my log. I have been tired too. The first week I kept falling asleep after work on lounge. Felt a bit better the last few days though.

Im happy you started a log, be good to follow your progress as you are a little way ahead of me.

Didnt you get an IB initially?

Kel :D

Nique- Yeah My face is still oily, I have to blot it every 1 hour. I tried putting green tea bags on my eyes, it help quite a bit. I still have those eyebags so I will continue putting them on. Thanks for the suggestion and posting!

KellsBells- Nope I didn't get an IB initially but I'm not sure whether I will get because the side effects of my medication seems to be delayed like the side effects just started showing up again. Keeping my fingers cross on this, hopefully I don't have the IB.

Day 24

Not much difference from yesterday. I'm still feeling sleepy so I drank some coffee. I know its not good for acne especially with milk but I need to stay awake. My lips are still peeling so I have been applying lipbalm like crazy more then I did before. I still have no signs of any flaking skin and acne so its a good sign. I did nothing much today, still resting till next week when I start my attachment.

Day 25

Today is a much better day. I don't feel so tired anymore, I was actually quite awake as compared to the other days. My face is still quite oily though, hope it goes away soon. This has been quite a rollercoaster ride, going up and down. I have notice something over the past few days though, I have been dropping more hair then usual. I used to drop maybe a few strands after shower but now when I check the shower hole, there is actually a clump there. I'm not complaining, I know this is normal during accutane course because it increases shedding. In fact I actually love my hair now more then before I took accutane. My hair has always been greasy at the end of the day but now, it actually feels soft and nice to the touch and it isn't oily anymore. The dry lips are still there. I still have no acne or any flakey skin. Still going well. I will post pictures here and on my gallery on day 28 to mark the 4th week of accutane course. :)

Hey there :razz:

For the hair loss...i've been taking a little zinc from the beginning and haven't noticed more hair loss - actually less than before accutane if anything, so you might want to try that. Helps your skin heal too. =)

nique- Thanks for the suggestion. I have never taken zinc tablets before. Can you recommend me what dose should I take and what is a good brand that makes zinc tablets? Thanks.

Day 26

Yo its day 26 already! 2 days more before its 1 month on accutane. Today, not much difference from yesterday. I'm no longer that sleepy. I didn't have any acne as like before. The dry lips and oily skin are still there. I notice a small bit of my right elbow flaking. Other then that, I'm still feeling rather good.

Good luck accutane users out there!

WoW Madeline you are still doing so well thats great! Nearly one month down Congrats!

Is your dose changing at any stage or are you going to stay the same?

I have woken up with some new lumps and bumps :wall:

Mhm, no ideas what kind of brands you can get in singapore and i don't know the brand i have off the top of my head either...but i got myself 25mg tablets and i usually take one a day, sometimes two.

If you can't get pure Zinc, you can also get vitamin c and zinc fizzy tablets and just pop a couple a day so you get around 20mg of zinc a day. Don't worry about getting in too much vitamin c, you can't possibly do yourself harm with that stuff unless you had like 50 grams of pure vitamin c a day.

I don't know why they even put the "RDA" on vitamin c products, my GP always tells me to buy this pure vitamin c powder and take a tea spoon a day when i have a cold coming up or something. Works like a charm for your immune system, and vitamin c also helps to build up collagen (good for scars, i'd imagine).

Flakey elbow? I can see dry skin coming ;)

Day 27

I'm saying hello to dry skin again :doubt: Hehe the back of my arms, elbows and neck have started to flake. Not that bad really when I apply aloe vera gel and moisturizer. My face is still oily, maybe that's why the flakes didn't appear there. Still as usual like yesterday, no acne. Feeling good by the way. Tomorrow's the day I appear on my log! wahaha. :dance:

I'm wondering how do I put pictures on imageshack or photobucket because the images posted here takes so long to get approved. Anyone?

Day 28

Yeah! Day 28 already. Not much difference from yesterday. Still no acne, oily face, dry lips and flakey arms. Anyway I'm visiting the derm tomorrow so I will ask whether I can take zinc because I read that its not good to take while on accutane. Going for blood test tomorrow as well. Whoops feeling a little scared. I also wonder whether my derm will increase my dose most likely not. Anyway I don't know how to put pictures on imageshack so I will just place them here and wait for approval.

without makeup post-57386-1183128479_thumb.jpg post-57386-1183128169_thumb.jpg right cheek

Left cheek post-57386-1183128519_thumb.jpg post-57386-1183128545_thumb.jpgwith concealer

with makeup post-57386-1183128621_thumb.jpg

post-57386-1183128169_thumb.jpg

post-57386-1183128479_thumb.jpg

post-57386-1183128519_thumb.jpg

post-57386-1183128545_thumb.jpg

post-57386-1183128621_thumb.jpg

Day 29

Uh those images take forever to be apporved by never mind. My face is the same as yesterday except that the sides of my mouth started flaking a bit but nothing that aloe vera gel can't handle. About the hair loss thing I mentioned a few days ago, its no longer happening, I'm not losing as much hair now. Maybe I was being imaginary about me losing more hair that I linked it to accutane. I went to see dermatologist today. Had my blood taken and my derm examined my face using a big magnifying glass. She said I am doing great, no bumps and my skin is smooth so she is not going to increase my dose and continue at 20mg as usual. I asked her about zinc tablets and she said it is not recommended to be taken with accutane. I also complaint to her about my red/brown marks that are hard to fade away so she gave me La Roche Posay Vitamin C Emulsion to apply on the individual marks. For the dry skin that are appearing on my arms, she told me to use DermaVeen Shower and Bath Oil. I bolded this 2 products so that anyone on accutane may want to use it as well. They are not prescription topicals so should be able to find in the market.

Everything is still going rather smoothly for me. The only thing that made me feeling slightly sad is that the bill came up to $344! Left me a lot poorer.

Day 30

Those images are taking so long to get approved. Wonder how many days it should take. I should learn how to use imageshack. Anyway, I think those in my gallery are approved so if you guys want to see me, check the gallery.

Today I had a new pimple on my forehead but its nothing really cos I think its because of my period. My side effects seem to have disappeared again. Weird. I'm going back to the hospital tomorrow for my attachment so I won't be so free to post everyday. I will post depending on my time maybe 1 in 2 or 3 days.

Good luck everyone! :lol:

Day 32

Those pictures are finally up! I had to complain to then only then they fixed the problems. No changes to my face as usual. I think I am boring your guys here so I am going to post weekly now only.

Good luck everyone!

Day 38

Thanks Yoshimi. Day 38 here. Side effects have disappeared for about a week now and they haven't come back and hopefully not. I'm still clear except for a pimple on my right cheek. It just appeared today. There is also one on my back. Nothing really. What is bothering me right now is my eyebags. Its all my friend's fault, if she hadn't tell me that they were bad and said I was losing sleep, I probably wouldn't have noticed now that my complexion is quite good. Trying to get rid of them by using tea bags. I wonder whether the eye bags are a side effect from accutane.

Day 45

Still doing really well I'm still clear with the eyebags and brown marks that are fading better with the use of the La Roche Posay vitamin C emulsion. I only had 1-5? pimples( can't remember) throughout this 45 days. My oil slick face is also officially gone. Now my face is really grease free even till the end of the day, I don't even have to blot now and my make up stays. If you look at me now, you will most probably say that you don't believe that I used to have oily skin with enough oil that my mum say can cook her vegetables. Another good thing, my pores have shrunk. I didn't know that accutane can shrink pores! I have large pores especially on my nose and forehead which can be seen even from a distance in the mirror but now they are invisible! Plus blackheads are gone as well! I don't even have side effects now. The dry lips are also gone.

What really bothers me now are the eyebags that make me look like I don't have enough sleep. I suppose when you get good skin now, you start searching for other imperfections. It seems like I will never get satisfied somehow :wall:.

Good luck to all accutane users out there. I want to post some of my pics of my current face but I'm lazy, my face now is not too different from the previous pictures, just that brown marks are lighter that's all. I will post when I find the time and not so lazy.

Hi Madeline

Wow you are doing so well. Its fantastic you can see such dramatic results with your oiliness and pores shrinking :)

Its great imagine how great your skin will be by the end!! :)