Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has anyone else found that when acne bothers you, you completely lose interest in things you use to like and enjoy? When it didnt bother me, i use to play football, go to watch football but i never do this anymore. The only things i pay any interest into now are music and going drinking with friends; the drinking part is very important as i wouldnt feel comfortable with myself been about with them as i would just be worried about how i look all the time if i wasnt drinking.

When it didn't bother me I wanted everyone to like me and get prettier and prettier for every day...but I've always been lazy...I used to like tennis and was good in school didn't care about people's comments so much...but now everthing bothers and I'm very indifferent..but it's ok...cause my children will eventually have a better life then me....And those who don't understand have issues cause look at my face and look how pretty I used to be and how bullied I was cause no one appreciated my beauty....

aw Paul :comfort:

Molly's right, losing interest in things you used to enjoy is a sign of depression. Why are you losing interest? Can you pinpoint it to anything? Is it just lethargy and cant be bothered or do you feel you arent able for it or lack the energy?

Dont worry about being emotional. In the long run it is the healthier option. The stereotypical male image of 'big boys dont cry' does more harm then good tbh as its important to be in touch with emotions so that you can deal with them and move on.

If it is the acne that is bothering you its probably more just an anxiety issue than depression. Either way its important to tackle it so that you can get back to the interests you once had. Take a trip to your GP and discuss all this with him/her. Dont worry they wont judge you, they've heard it all before and they could point you on the right track better than we here can.

Hope that helps

Think rationally and reasonably, not emotionally. You'll figure it out that way.

Has anyone else found that when acne bothers you, you completely lose interest in things you use to like and enjoy? When it didnt bother me, i use to play football, go to watch football but i never do this anymore. The only things i pay any interest into now are music and going drinking with friends; the drinking part is very important as i wouldnt feel comfortable with myself been about with them as i would just be worried about how i look all the time if i wasnt drinking.

i think he meant try to not make yourself sick to your stomach by always feeling sorry for yourself. which is pretty tough.

Think rationally and reasonably, not emotionally. You'll figure it out that way.

thats rash and unconstructive advice, does nothing to help the OP and only furthers his worries by seemingly confirming what he's thinking people's reactions would be.

You cant separate yourself from your emotions, you can try but they will come out some way. They are inherent in every person and have to be dealt with whether you believe it or not.

Molly's right, losing interest in things you used to enjoy is a sign of depression. Why are you losing interest? Can you pinpoint it to anything? Is it just lethargy and cant be bothered or do you feel you arent able for it or lack the energy?

Dont worry about being emotional. In the long run it is the healthier option. The stereotypical male image of 'big boys dont cry' does more harm then good tbh as its important to be in touch with emotions so that you can deal with them and move on.

If it is the acne that is bothering you its probably more just an anxiety issue than depression. Either way its important to tackle it so that you can get back to the interests you once had. Take a trip to your GP and discuss all this with him/her. Dont worry they wont judge you, they've heard it all before and they could point you on the right track better than we here can.

Hope that helps

Hi Paul25:

Long term stress can lead to depression. The rational part of you needs help to overpower the emotional part that is overwhelming your entire nature right now. Both parts (emotional and rational) of course arise from your brain's complex chemical organic soup.

If you can't talk to your friends, and that is very understandable as so many people without depression haven't a clue what it's about, talk to someone older about how you might get treatment. You can even tell your GP or even derm about your feelings and no doubt they will be able to refer you to someone who can help.

You can get help and be back to normal. I did. :)

Hope that helps

The whole feeling down thing is purely down to acne really, it just makes me think of more and more things then like never been able to get clear, scars and been alone etc. It just makes me feel awful and no longer care about doing anything really, im just thinking about my skin constantly so theres no other time to be doing things i should be doing. When i get home from work, ill sit down and barely say anything; my mum tries to start so many conversations with me and i just dont really participate in them. Then my sister usually tells her to stop because im just been stressy! I think im stupid getting this thought sometimes but i always think, if i kill myself then they will know how much this is destroying me as a person and my life.

My emotions are going crazy at the moment as theres 3 different things im having to think about and its upsetting me. Im trying to develop an attitude of never giving up, and just go on with life. Everybody has problems, mine just shows off to everyone, yet they get on with there lives and i need to do that. I think it makes things easier been able to talk to people on here, you dont just say yeh yeh...and pretend you know how i feel, i know people will understand on here as they have probably thought this way to.

I used to defend myself from the bullies, I loved my looks. I was superconfident and believed in myself...was very good in school and was always happy when I came home...Now it's like I'm a zombie....