Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What did they do in the old days when people suffered from moderate to suffer forms of acne... Did they commit suicide... or created a dominant attitude and decided to punish their kids and grand-children like my grandmother...

I remember my grandad saying something about having his face "burnt." :shifty:

Whew, I have actually thought about that a lot. I can only imagine the torment and havoc people brought upon their face.

And in some small countries, people were probably cast out, and put through some weird ass rituals to get rid of a "demon" or something.

Yeh they were probably mistreated and bullied by annooying bithces who weren't that better themselves....

Well i know they use to treat boils and such buy slicing them open and draining them and then apply some sort of essential oil. I think rose water or oil or whatever it's called.

So i would think they would do something like that. Or apply a bunch of "prescribed" herbs or oils. But if you were a peasant you would probably have to suffer with it because the high class were really the only beautiful ones back then.

Did as many people have acne in olden times as do now? One of my elderly professors once said that he didn't remember so many people having blemishes when he was younger. Either all the hormones in our food, or the stress of our lives has done something to us ... or my prof is just too old to remember correctly!

Wow it must be the god damn stress and since I'm so sensitive it has affected me...

I always wondered that meself. They either painted their faces or just dealt with looking fug. People with overly painted faces were generally shunned and considered "unbeautiful." This has been documented in several historical accounts.

Did as many people have acne in olden times as do now? One of my elderly professors once said that he didn't remember so many people having blemishes when he was younger. Either all the hormones in our food, or the stress of our lives has done something to us ... or my prof is just too old to remember correctly!

Ok is their a combination between minorities and acne and how you look? It can jusy happen to anyone right....

i think adults get acne for hormonal reasons, coming off of birth control ect. that is why it is much more common for adult women than men.

Historians suspect that the ancient Egyptian ruler King Tut had acne issue based on jars of ancient herbal pimple remedies found in his tomb!

during certain times they believed that sex caused acne theyd put a ring around your penis that had spikes on it so you wouldnt want to have erections for girls theyd use chastity belts either that or theyd call the priest on you or something

no he's asking if you masterbate. becuase if your a virgin you could masterbate which would act like sex for you

Hahah how tragic..how did I end up her..no I don't masturbate..Yeh I get a lot of blackfashmemories

I'm me_again by the way just changed my account so you know

People have said that my acne might be becaue of my virginity

Guest T-Virus

In the medieval period people with acne were probably diagnosed with the plague and isolated and left to die :D

^

masturbate ?

Oh is that good?

I think between smallpox, acne, and other crazy facial things, perfect skin was more rare than we realize (and possibly experience now).

I'm pretty sure they just suffered through it. According to my grandparents (deceased now) anyways.