Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
User47728

People you know trying to be "helpful"...

I worked in a consignment shop a few years ago, and i got along really well with my boss. People would drop off all kinds of things at the shop, clothes, jewelry, soaps, whatever. So one day, I found my boss had put a tube of facial scrub with my stuff. Didn't say a word to me about it, just slipped it in there.

Wow...it never occurred to me to wash my face! The world of difference it'll make! I wonder what it's like to not have a coat of grime all over myself! Well, boy oh boy, I'm about to find out! :rolleyes:

right, i know!

it's so pathetic... people assume that acne = dirty/filth... not true at all. i take a shower once a day and wash my face 2-3 times a day and i'm VERY clean.

i have a friend who have 100% clear skin, she takes a shower about 3 times a week and washes her face about every 2 days.

btw, so you're 90% clear? that's awesome, i've noticed that you don't use any soap on your face? how do you take off your make-up(if you wear any). i don't either... i use a microfiber cloth cos EVERY cleanser and i mean EVERY cleanser i've tried, dried out my skin and clogged my pores with blackheads.

Just warm water and a wash cloth, it seems to work fine. I go over my face about maybe 3 times just to make sure to remove all the make-up though. I really have to do it that way, my skin is very dry, I can't use soap or I get really flaky and gross..lol. And yet i still get pimples, hmm..so much for the excess sebum theory. The only place on my face that been totally clear the longest is my forehead, and it's the oiliest place on my face.

I'm having a bad week cause I went to Taco Bell, and I ran out of my coconut butter for a few days :( So I'm feeing bitter right now..lol

There's so much prejudiced opinions about acne.it has nothing to do with dirt...perhaps they are intimated by the attittute that you're still moving on despite of your acne problems and that they can't relate to you? They are the pathetic one's anyhow...

right, i know!

it's so pathetic... people assume that acne = dirty/filth...

There's so much prejudiced opinions about acne.

Exactly. He probably thought he was doing you some big favor, too. Getting in his good deed for the day. :rolleyes: I was shopping at bath and body works and the lady at the checkout slipped a bunch of free sample bp washes into my bag. Gee, thanks. Because I definately haven't ever tried a million things just like that before. Benzoyl peroxide? Really? Now, that's something new. Maybe I'll try it! It might help! (End sarcasm)

Honestly, some people could use a few more brain cells.

right, i know!

Exactly. He probably thought he was doing you some big favor, too. Getting in his good deed for the day. :rolleyes: I was shopping at bath and body works and the lady at the checkout slipped a bunch of free sample bp washes into my bag. Gee, thanks. Because I definately haven't ever tried a million things just like that before. Benzoyl peroxide? Really? Now, that's something new. Maybe I'll try it! It might help! (End sarcasm)

The average acne-sufferer is usually more hyegenic then the non acne sufferer or the person with mild acne...so what's the point of spreading their prejudiced opinion. How can you feel better by saying such a thing to something, he/she must be very insecure cause that critisism doesn't lead anywhere....you shouldn't show any sensitivity at all let them continue with their opnions and just ignore them...so they understand how much they hurt you or whatever let them be and die in their stupidity.

Oh, yeah. I forgot about that time some of my friends tried to be helpful.

Friend #1: Since the play's coming up, I know it's easy to get stress zits. Just make sure you all keep you're faces really clean.

Friend #2: What would you know about zits? (because friend #1 is a model with perfect skin)

Friend #1: I used to have problems. I just got it under control last year. (right)

Friend #2: How?

Friend #1: I used Proactiv.

Friend #3: Oh, I heard that it works really well (I had self control here. I did not scream at any of them)

Friend #2: I heard that it doesn't work.

Friend #1: Oh, well that's just the people that don't stick with it. (I did not bang my head against the wall, but I came close)

I'm positive that this conversation was directed at me, especially the first part. Gee, I never realized that proactiv was the answer. I pretended to ignore them.

I worked in a consignment shop a few years ago, and i got along really well with my boss. People would drop off all kinds of things at the shop, clothes, jewelry, soaps, whatever. So one day, I found my boss had put a tube of facial scrub with my stuff. Didn't say a word to me about it, just slipped it in there.

Wow...it never occurred to me to wash my face! The world of difference it'll make! I wonder what it's like to not have a coat of grime all over myself! Well, boy oh boy, I'm about to find out! :rolleyes:

aw LiliVG I wouldnt take it like that tbh. I would more see it as your boss trying to be nice really. I know, wtf I hear you say but people generally have the best of intentions. I reckon maybe your boss thought you might like it, or like to try something new, or jsut wanted to give you something for skin, knowing it was bad but not knowing how to say anything to you.

Yea, of course you were insulted but I wouldnt assume that your boss thought you didnt wash your face I would more see it as that (s)he wanted to help but was awkard about mentioning it.

aw LiliVG I wouldnt take it like that tbh. I would more see it as your boss trying to be nice really. I know, wtf I hear you say but people generally have the best of intentions. I reckon maybe your boss thought you might like it, or like to try something new, or jsut wanted to give you something for skin, knowing it was bad but not knowing how to say anything to you.

Yea, of course you were insulted but I wouldnt assume that your boss thought you didnt wash your face I would more see it as that (s)he wanted to help but was awkard about mentioning it.

I know she didn't mean it in a bad way, most people don't...like I said, just trying to be "helpful". My boss really is a great lady though, I don't hold anything against her for it, it's just that it struck me like that, and I'm sure I'm not the only one things like that have happened to.

People without acne have absolutely NO idea how it affects those of us with acne. They have absolutely NO idea. They probably don't even realize that their 'helpful' suggestions are hurtful and even condescending to those of us who've tried everything.

Yeah, we know we need to wash. I bet that most acne sufferers in the beginning of their 'acne experience' washed more often than anyone else. Yeah, we know that topicals sometimes help, but if we've had acne for any length of time, we've likely tried all the easily available local drugstore topicals without success. Yeah, we know that a dermatologist can help. We've been to MANY of them without success. Etc. So we end up here and many of us find a cure for our problems. :)

There is hope, don't forget that.

right, i know!

well she was really just doing her job.

i was never offended at all when about anything people said or did regarding acne. i mean unless they have acne how would they know.

I confided in my ex-boyfriend once that I didn't like my nose.

"D, do you think I should get a nosejob?" Kidding of course. I'm just not the plastic surgery type.

"I wouldn't worry about your nose, Amanda. Worry about your skin."

There's a reason why he's my ex.

Omg I know! Acne is not caused by dirt! It has a genetic component and other factors. Some people, *sigh* It really infuriates me when they think they know everything about acne when they really know jack shit about it

If my boss had done that to me, I wouldve quit my job

"D, do you think I should get a nosejob?" Kidding of course. I'm just not the plastic surgery type.

:shock:

wow, what an ass!

What a jerk! No one deserves to be talked to like that!

I would've totally bitchslapped that asshole if I were you. :snooty:

I would've totally bitchslapped that asshole if I were you. :snooty:

I was thinking that same exact thing Tim! You must be a psychic :D