Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
superunknown

Mild or moderate?

Hi all,

I finally got around to shaving so I can now take some pics :dance:

These were taken not long after shaving so my skin might still be a little raw in the photos and the lighting isnt that great but its not easy taking skin photos.

But anyway how bad is it now?

I am on Minocycline and Retin-A (I have a log in antibitoics part) almost a month with the pair. I am going to see my derm for the first time in ages on the 18th July so if accutane is an option I can get it then.

post-59417-1182399252_thumb.jpg

post-59417-1182399270_thumb.jpg

post-59417-1182399752_thumb.jpg

post-59417-1182399252_thumb.jpg

post-59417-1182399270_thumb.jpg

post-59417-1182399752_thumb.jpg

I would say from the size that you have moderate acne. You don't have a lot which is good for you :dance: but yeah i would say inflammatory so moderate :)

thanks for the replies. It actually looks better now than when i took the photos but yeah thats what it looks like.

Would it be bad enough to get accutane? I am not sure I WANT to take it, I am clearing up with the Min and retin-a combo but i dunno, its the second time i have to use them.

It doesn't look that bad, but when you have the chance to het it better with accutane so why not? How old are you by the way?

Oh ok..it sounds great!

Be positive! It's never too late to give accutane a shot but you look good anyways!

Your acne looks pretty like mine when I first took accutane. So I would say its moderate. If the mino and Retin-A works why change? I also say give the antibiotics about 3 months to see whether it works or not. If it works, there is no need for accutane, truely. I take accutane because I have exhausted all almost all treatments on acne. Doxy, erythromycin, minocycline contraceptives, Retin-a, differin. I have done them all. Accutane was the last resort for me. My advice is also take accutane only when nothing else works.

Have you tried DKR by the way?

I haven't managed to be negative yet, though I do focus on it more as im buidling up a good regimen and I want it to go asap. Otherwise I dont really think about it too much even when going out :cool:

Good luck with your own treatment too

Your acne looks pretty like mine when I first took accutane. So I would say its moderate. If the mino and Retin-A works why change? I also say give the antibiotics about 3 months to see whether it works or not. If it works, there is no need for accutane, truely. I take accutane because I have exhausted all almost all treatments on acne. Doxy, erythromycin, minocycline contraceptives, Retin-a, differin. I have done them all. Accutane was the last resort for me. My advice is also take accutane only when nothing else works.

Have you tried DKR by the way?

My acne is 100 times worse than that altho it is moderate, just lots of it so you are very lucky to have such little. I am currently not on the tane :(

If you have been given the option of accutane then i would say maybe take it as it doesn't get offered often and then maybe it will be the end of all of your acne? :dance:

Good luck