Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne_battle

Fish Oil, which brand do you use?

Im just curious as to which brand of fish oil you all use. Ive been using one from GNC but it hasnt helped. It hasnt really helped with my acne and I thought omega3 was supposed to help with the pain in my knees but it doesnt =/

maybe your body does not break down the fat properly? I'm not sure, I may be wrong too.. just a guess. I don't know why people are having such a variance of reactions in terms of success to not reacting at all (kind of like this thread http://www.acne.org/messageboard/OMEGA-3-S...e-t158936.html)). I hope it works.

But to answer your question, I use member's mark and puritan's pride fish oil

Thanks Patrick! I shouldve known youd be the first to reply to this thread :lol: Where do you buy your fish oil? Also I prefer if it comes with 180-200 softgels

Thanks Patrick! I shouldve known youd be the first to reply to this thread :lol: Where do you buy your fish oil? Also I prefer if it comes with 180-200 softgels

I buy mine from sam's or amazon (member's mark)

and

puritan's pride = www.puritan.com

http://www.puritan.com/pages/file.asp?xs=C...=&CPID=7918

$20 for 600 capsules at 400 mg of omega 3 per capsule. Pretty good deal going on

scroll down, they also have a 200 count bottle option too.

I have to go to bed now =( so nite nite

Maybe its just me but the brand is so very important here becuase Potency is key, I take Carlsons Fish capsules and i have gotten awesome results, teh wird thing is, I used to take Carlsons Cod Liver oil and did not get the same results.

Maybe its just me but the brand is so very important here becuase Potency is key, I take Carlsons Fish capsules and i have gotten awesome results, teh wird thing is, I used to take Carlsons Cod Liver oil and did not get the same results.

Can you buy Carlsons Fish Oil capsules in stores or you have to order them on line?

I dont live near a Whole Foods or any healthfoods store that I know of. I really need new fish oil capsules. These ones from GNC just arent doing the trick.

I dont live near a Whole Foods or any healthfoods store that I know of. I really need new fish oil capsules. These ones from GNC just arent doing the trick.

Then I would say your best bet it to order them online

i tried the GNC ones but they didnt seem to do much.

I went into a chemist here in the UK (Boots is the best 3 for 2).

Liquid fish oil. HIgh EPA marine Equazen. Trouble is its expensive. 9.99 per bottle.

i tried the GNC ones but they didnt seem to do much.

I went into a chemist here in the UK (Boots is the best 3 for 2).

Liquid fish oil. HIgh EPA marine Equazen. Trouble is its expensive. 9.99 per bottle.

with the GNC one though are you taking enough omega 3 with it? it states its 1000mg per capsule but thats fish oil not EPA/DHA Omega 3 content. I think its only 180mg EPA per capsule so to get over 2gms of omega 3 you need to take over 11 of them a day.

Im sure equazen is a worldwide brand as I bought it in Australia and UK. most chemists have it. Liquid form is absorbed easier.

with the GNC one though are you taking enough omega 3 with it? it states its 1000mg per capsule but thats fish oil not EPA/DHA Omega 3 content. I think its only 180mg EPA per capsule so to get over 2gms of omega 3 you need to take over 11 of them a day.

Im sure equazen is a worldwide brand as I bought it in Australia and UK. most chemists have it. Liquid form is absorbed easier.

maybe you should up your dose? I've been taking 4 grams. Maybe that's not enough. I'm not really sure at this point.

I also heard carlsons was good but I have yet to try it I'm taking Nature Made fish oil pills. Which really aren't working so good even at 4 grams so maybe you'd need to up the dose?

I'm sorry to hear that maybe you should change the brand? or eat something when you take the pills? it's better for absorption too.

Yeah I will change the brand. Can you please recommend me one? Which ones do you take? Id like a bunch of recommendations and then I will narrow it down to one

I take nature made. at 4grams. with food most of the time. You can find this brand at most pharmacies, so it should be convenient well if you live in the US that is.

I take Carlson's too Molly. The diarrhea is temporary - up the dose slowly. Add one extra pill every 3 days or so, like so:

day 1: A.M. 1 capsule

P.M. 2 capsules

day 2 ^^same

day3 ^^ same

day 4 A.M. 2 capsules

P.M. 2 capsules

day 5 ^^ same

day 6 ^^ same

day 7 ^^ same

so on and so forth

I take Spectrum and I guess I am lucky I never had any problems upping the dose. I even ran out for a week and went right back to what I was taking before with no problems.

I take 4 pills 3 times a day = 3.6g of Omega-3.