Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
path

BP only ONCE a day???

I'm in my 3 week or so of using BP.

Bottom line

Can I do the DK regimen only using BP once a day? I use ALOT, all over my face. and when I wake up its great.

BUt the two times I tried to up it to twice a day, i feel like it didnt help existing acne, was too

irritating and made my acne scars more prominent. Face was soo red.

What do u guys think? I mean i'll try do it 2 times every other day but I might just try to use it at night...

I'll post progress

Go ahead and see what happens.

If it is okay, use once a day.

If you get pimples frequently, use twice a day.

It depends on your judgement.

bp once a day works for me.

it really depends on your condition, if you have mild acne, once a day will suffice.

if it works for you, then stick with it :)

though i do recommend treating your skin with soemthing while you sleep though (something else than BP)

good luck :)

if it works for you, then stick with it :)

though i do recommend treating your skin with soemthing while you sleep though (something else than BP)

good luck :)

If your face turns very red then you're probably using too much to begin with, I kind of overdosed on BP when I started and looked really sunburned but now that I found my optimal dosage my skin is looking normal.

yeah i duno, the once a day thing is leading to some breakouts in some areas. i'm gonn try twice a day and lower the dosage a lil bit. ill let u kow what happens

yea guys, twice a day using a moderate amount is the way to go..

for 2 weeks i waws only doing once a day and acne wasn't healing..

now i'm following the DKR as recommended. moisterizer twice a day too beacuse my skin is dry...

Yeah, I guess with the regimen, you just need to try different alternatives to find something that suits your particular skin type. Well, I'm glad you found a way that works well for you and I hope you continue to see good improvements.

Is your skin already clear with just once a day?

If you are only 3 weeks into the regimen & are not using the full amount you have never really given DKR a proper chance. If you don't see improvement with once a day, then I suggest following DKR closely, which means starting with a small amount of BP & working up to 2 full fingers a day (one morning, one night).

There is going to be a period at first in which you experience redness, dryness, and flakiness while adjusting to the full amount of BP.

Many people see no improvement in active acne for several months either. You have to give the regimen time (3 months at least) & follow it closely if you want the full results. The majority of people who complain DKR did not work for them never gave it a fair shot & started altering it from the get go.

My point is, 3 weeks is far too soon to tell if once a day is enough or if twice a day is overkill. It's your skin, so if you want to try just once a day then that is your decision; maybe it will be enough. If not, then try doing DKR exactly.