Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lucky girl

Here goes round two!!!

yay, i just went to my derm and she is puting me back on Roaccutane. I am 35 years old and this is my second course so I am hopeing it stays away after this. I finshed the first course about 1 year or so ago and I had great results since then until a few months ago I started to get the odd pimple and then I started on Tazorac as a 'preventative'. My skin has just gone crazy again onthat stuff, big cysts and everything.

I didn't really want to go back on Roaccutane at first as my husband and I were talking about trying for our third child and our youngest is nearly four so I thought I didn't want to put it off any longer. when my skin started breaking out badly though i remembered quickly how depressed and debilitating having acne is to me so I have decided to put the baby on hold again as I am just no good to anybody when I feel that bad and my skin always breaksout badly when pregnant. If it's meant to be it will happen later anyway and a few more months won't matter. I am happy as larry with my two boys anyway so it's not like I am not lucky already.

Anyway the derm injected my horrible huge cyst and prescribed me Bctrim for two weeks to calm the breakout then Roaccutane (4omg) and Bactrim for two weeks and then all going well up to 60mg and off bactrim. This helped last time to stop the IB. I was only on 40mg the whole time last time though so we'll see how it goes... I am just so relieved there is a light tat the end of the tunnel again. I'll keep you posted